Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Glimpsing the Future

Today was NOT fun! I was up at the butt-crack of dawn gathering sleeping children and trying to keep myself some-what sane! After I get the hang of this new schedule I think I'll like it, but it's DEFINITELY gonna take some time!
To help myself out I've spent my newly acquired babysitting paycheck on helpful baby stuff. We bought a nice play pen and a clearance baby swing. I'm hoping that while one baby is screaming and crying, I'll be able to soothe the other one with either the play pen or the swing.
Walking to school with Cameron, L and E this morning was a HUGE eye-opener. I'm not sure how I'll be able to walk with an extra child and not have a stroller that holds all of them. UGH! So fortunately, Jane's mom is going to pick up Cam for school tomorrow! That's one less thing I'll have to worry about! I'll just have to figure out how to get him home! Any suggestions!?
I was seriously stressing about this whole situation yesterday, but now I think it'll be okay. When I realized I would be watching kids from 5:30 until noon, I thought it would drag on forever. But in reality, it went by really fast! Adding one more child shouldn't hurt...should it!?
Thanks for all of your kind words about my insanity...most others when I tell them about my new habit give me THAT look. You know the one....where the smile fades and the eyes speak words I don't really like to use! I just have to have a positive attitude and all will be well. Once the schedule is established it will be FABULOUS!!
And on a slightly funny note: Cam cried HARD today when I dropped him off at school today. The kid has been going to school now for 3 years, but he chooses today to have a breakdown! He was fine once I left, but it was quite a sad feeling seeing his blotchy red face and hearing his piercing screams fill the room. Eventually he was fine, but it broke MY heart!

5 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

Wow. What a day! You mentioned Jane's mom taking Cam to school. Is there no way that she can bring him home, too? That's a bummer that you had to use all your hard-earned babysitting money on stuff for babysitting. The nice thing about it, though, is that it's YOUR stuff. So, when you get pregnant again, you can use it for YOUR baby. Good luck in adjusting to this bizarre new schedule.

Mall Worker said...

awwww, poor Cam! I hope the routine gets going for you :)

Melzie said...

Awww.. you're poor baby! And it's not "right" that you used your money for baby stuff.. :( But, like CB said- it's now yours :) You're right- when you get use to it, it WILL BE FABULOUS!

Millie said...

Wow, you've taken on a lot. (Just what you wanted to hear, right?) But it sounds like you're doing fine with it. I baby-sat all through hubby's college and hated it every dang day.

Poor Cam, did you ever figure out why he got so upset?

Mama D said...

With all these kids I'm a little confused about their ages. If the extra kid was a baby I was going to suggest carrying them in a sling or something.