Thursday, May 04, 2006

Utah...Here I Come!

I haven't been able to see my husband for the past few weeks. When he is at home, he's either sleeping or getting ready to go to his other job. Things are a bit hectic around here. Last weekend Steve went to Boise for his cousin's wedding. He had a fun time, but he had to take his brother with him. His brother is a poor stand-in for me, but they had a fun time. He called me four times a day while he was gone....that's more than he calls me when he's in town! This weekend we were supposed to go to my sister's house together and maybe catch a session at the temple, but he has to work and can't get out of it. I'm really upset with his boss over the whole thing, but I guess I'll just have to get over it. So, while I'm gone Cam is going to spend the weekend with Grandma. He's only ever done that once before and it wasn't necessarily a good experience for all involved. Hopefully this time he'll be better. So I'm going to be going to Utah all by my lonesome tomorrow. I'm not really thrilled with that idea, but I'm excited to see my sister and her home and my friend who is going to be having a baby sometime this month! I haven't seen my friend for years and years! It'll be good to get together again!!
Tonight we had an actual Enrichment meeting for church and it was SO fun! They called it Peace Academy and they had all kinds of things that are supposed to help relax you and bring peace into your life. I had a blast! Part of the activities for the night included everyone there wearing a piece of paper taped to their back. Then they asked us if we'd ever had someone talk about us behind our backs. Most people raised their hands...then they said that tonight we were going to find out what people said about us behind our backs. They wanted us to write on people's backs what we thought about them. It was so much fun! I forgot I was wearing the thing until someone would stop me from walking away. I read the things written on my paper and I was touched. I didn't know people thought those kinds of things about me! They had several stations set up where you could get a hand massage, fingernails painted, foot rub (more please!), and a reading corner (where I read The Paperbag Princess by Robert Munsch...for the first time!) We all started out watching a video where they were teaching us self massage techniques. We all felt a little embarrassed to be doing this in front of others, but it was fun! They had one part of the video called "throw off stagnant chi." I guess I was really getting rid of that stagnant chi...someone wrote on my card that they liked how I did it! It was interesting....and relaxing...I hope I can remember the techniques!! They had chocolates in the middle and some bath things to take home! I had such a good time! I didn't necessarily feel peace....but I am relaxed and ready for bed! What a wonderful night!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun! I LOVE enrichment! This month we are doing a progressive dinner...I am excited!Although I am one of the youngest in my ward I still love the ladies in it!

Rachelle said...

Have a fun trip. Sounds like a good Enrichment. Maybe I should go sometimes. :)

CareBearMommy said...

I'm glad that you had a fun time at Enrichment. BTW, are you going down to Utah because of the baby shower, or what? Does your sis have a new home? You gave lots of details about the Enrichment activity, but little about your trip. I assumed that, since you're driving down there ALONE, that you had something pretty specific planned for when you got down there. Do tell!

CareBearMommy said...

I just re-checked that email you sent me about your shower, so now I know you're going to the baby shower! HAHA! Have fun.

Mall Worker said...

I hope you have a fun trip! I'm glad that you enjoyed the Enrichment!

CareBearMommy said...

I meant, the e-mail about HER shower... not YOUR shower. Hehe... woops! I wish it were your shower, though.