Thursday, May 04, 2006

Slippers on my Mind

I have had piggy slippers on my mind lately and the funny thing about the whole thing is I SAW THEM LAST NIGHT!! Well, not them in reality, but I saw The Benchwarmers with my brother and low and behold a character on the movie was WEARING them!! His were just as nasty and gross as mine had gotten, so I was feeling a bit sad that I didn't still have my slippers. I came home and looked them up online (I was hoping to get a picture of the guy on the movie wearing them, but I couldn't find them.) I found a pair (or maybe there are several pairs, who really knows) online for sale. I'm in the process of begging my husband to let me buy them. Those were not only cute, but COMFY!! I miss them and hope he'll give in to my whining!
I was talking to one of my good friends last night. She knew me all through my college days and I asked her if she remembered those slippers and her response was immediate and affirmative. Did I mention how much I loved those things and how often I wore them?? I think I was associated with those slippers as much as if they had been my trademark. Alas, I no longer have my trademark and feel at a loss. But life does go on. There is a game out there called Imaginiff where you get to know other people. There is a question that once popped up on me and it was something to the effect, Imagine if Dawnyel were a pair of shoes, what would she be? It was unanimous....I'm slippers. I guess it's because I LOVE them...and wear them all the time. I think I'll stop reminiscing about them now. I just needed to write this final FINAL installment and get it out of my system. BLEH!! BLEH!! BLEH!! There....all gone!

4 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

That's cool that you're actually thinking about getting another pair of piggy slippers. Let's just hope that your hubby complies with your pleas. BTW, just curious, how was that movie?

Mall Worker said...

I hope he lets you get them! Its not like your asking for a new car or jewels!

Anonymous said...

haha... I am sure you will get your way! If I know your hubby...you most certainly will! But he may just want to surprise you with them for a gift! Mothers day is comming soon! A not so gentle reminder of what you might desire couldn't hurt right!

Dawnyel said...

To answer your question about the movie...IT WAS HILARIOUS!! I was laughing so hard it hurt! The only things I didn't like about it was the barfing scenes (yes, they actually showed it several times) and there was one guy who ATE sunscreen...Gross!! But I loved it!!