Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Joys of Life

I'm very frustrated right now. For the past few days a message has been popping up on our computer when we log onto the internet. It tells us that some "free" trial that we apparently signed up for has expired and now we are obligated to pay the fee and sign up completely with this company for the full experience of their product. That's CRAP! My husband and I are the only people who use our computer and NEITHER of us even know what this software is supposed to be for. Now, in order for us to remove the stuff from our computer we HAVE to buy their product. I've tried telling the company online that we never ordered their stuff, but they said that it doesn't matter...we have to buy the product as agreed upon when we downloaded their product. WE NEVER ORDERED IT!! Is there any way I can complain to a REAL person and not just to some message center that will redirect my complaints to some message that tells me that I'm TOL (Tough Out of Luck)?! I think I will talk with my husband when he gets home and see what he thinks. I wish I could just complain to a person and not to the non-existent human interaction all knowing message board! ARGH!!
Okay, onto my funny story from this weekend. It has similarities to a
post I've done previously that was pretty disgusting, so I will warn those who get easily disgusted to not read the rest of this post.
Okay, have we gotten rid of those prudes who think that accidents don't really happen?? I'll wait for a few seconds to get rid of them......are they gone? Good, here goes:
I was at a wedding luncheon on Saturday for one of my cousins. He and his new bride were just beaming with that new-love glow and I was having an enjoyable conversation with my grandparents, my mom, and my brothers. I had brought Cameron, but he had reacquainted himself with my cousin's daughter and they were roaming the church playing in every unlocked room they could find. I was beginning to worry when I didn't hear crashing, running feet, or the usual kid-noises. Soon we were laughing and joking around when my cousin's daughter came up to me and said in a very matter-of-fact voice, "Your son pooped his pants."
The first thing that ran through my mind was, 'Oh, no!! I don't want to clean this mess up.' The second thought was, 'It can't be that bad...he's old enough to know better, I'm sure it was just a mistake.' I turned to find my son standing behind me, here's where it gets gross, he was DRENCHED in poop. He was dripping all over the floor. I was mortified. I grabbed his hand and led him quickly out of the gym searching desperately for the room that had been destroyed by my son's accident. I ran down the hallway asking him which room he was in when it happened. He couldn't remember. I then asked the little girl who had been with him where he had pooped and she said, "He pooped his pants." I asked her again and her reply was, "He pooped his pants." She wouldn't stop saying that OVER AND OVER AND OVER! Finally I asked her the appropriate question for a 4-year-old: "What room was he in when he pooped his pants?" She told me it was in the restroom. So I searched out the restrooms feeling grateful that it was on a hard floor and the clean-up should be simple.
After looking in the bathrooms I found no evidence of his mess. So I asked them where he was when his accident had happened and they told me that he was by the piano. Okay, so now I knew he WASN'T in the bathroom like I had thought....now I had carpet to deal with. (UGH!) So searching the "piano" rooms I found a small mess in the Young Women's room. By this time I had stashed my son in the nearest bathroom for safe keeping. I hurried to him. He was completely embarrassed and I proceeded to clean him and his clothing.
After 15 minutes worth of cleaning my son, I deposited him outside by the church so he wouldn't drip that NASTY water all over the building and I proceeded to the Young Women's room. I promptly cleaned the carpet as best as I could with what little resources I had. The janitor's closet was locked tightly and I had resorted to a wet, soapy paper towel and a dry one to soak up what I had left. I cleaned and scrubbed all the time thinking naughty words about the mess I was left to clean up. I wasn't really mad at my son, I know accidents happen and I'm sure he didn't know that this would have happened to him, I was mostly mad at the mess that I was left to clean up.
As soon as my frantic cleaning was done I hurried to find my mom so we could go to my house to get Cam into clean clothes. People were asking me where Cameron was and I told them that I had left him outside while I cooled off. Then I rummaged around the kitchen for a plastic bag to set the boy on while we were in the car and when I turned around there was my pathetic looking son, wet shoes in hand with his head down-turned. I hurried him out the door and told him that I asked him to stay outside for a reason. I think he thought I was punishing him, so I had a heart-to-heart talk with him. I told him that I was not mad at him, but I was disappointed in what had happened and told him that the reason he had been outside was because I didn't want to make the church messier than it was. He seemed to understand and we went home where I cleaned him up properly.
At the time I was grossed out and not happy in that situation, but looking back I can see the humor in it. I'm just glad that it was resolved quickly. I guess potty-training doesn't end when I thought it did.
UPDATE!! I've been cleaning my computer with the spy-bot search and destroy and adaware, but none of them have worked. So I've googled the problem and came up with this website...if anyone else has this problem, you'll know where to go! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your software problem sounds like a scam. Go ye, and download Spybot Search and Destroy as well as Adaware (they're both free and work well). Run them on your computer. See if that takes care of it. If it doesn't, send me a message on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Cat is right...scam...usually fixable with the right free software!
Poor Cam...Surprise poopies can be a real surprise can't they! Five year olds get them...and I have even known an adult to find a surprise...Hopefully next time Cam is in doubt of gas or substandce...he will err on the side of caution! Good thing you were fairly close to home! I am SOSOSO NOT looking forward to that part of raising Matthew!

CareBearMommy said...

Maybe I should have been one of those people who didn't read this post! After throwing up this morning, I have felt icky all day. I almost lost it when I changed Tyler's "milk dud-in-squooshy-poopie" diaper this morning, and my stomach didn't take too kindly to reading about Cam's little accident, either. I am impressed that you handled it as well as you did, and I hope Cam was able to cheer up after he got changed out of those nasty clothes. Poor little guy!

Melzie said...

It happens.. no worries-- it all cleans. :)

Diana Mancuso said...

Oh, poor Cam. What a day that must have been for him. Accidents happen, yes. But it's another story when they happen at a social event.