Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Crazy Woman! Crazy Night! Vacation Coming!

Last night was just plain CRAZY for me. After Cam's usual speech therapy, I wanted to veg at my mom's house for a while (plus earlier this week I was really STUPID and ruined all of the food that I had in my freezer, so we have no real food in our house.) Around 8:00, I decided I needed to get Cam home early for his last few days of school and I left. On the way I tried calling my husband to let him know I was on my way home and I got a call from one of my really good friends, "R". She sounded distressed and told me that one of her best friends committed suicide and she had just found out. My first instinct was to get to her immediately and comfort her. I told her that as soon as I dropped Cam off at home I'd be at her place to get her and take her wherever she wanted to go...to talk, try and forget, or whatever. As soon as I hung up with her, my husband called. He told me that my friend, "L", who I babysit for FINALLY had her baby and had a question for me. I told him to have the phone number ready for me when I got home. When I got home, I called "L" and found out that they needed someone to take the munchkin while they recuperated after their busy day. I agreed, but told them that I needed to help another friend and then I would be there. I hurried to comfort "R" and then we chatted while I drove to the hospital to pick up my little charge.
I got to hold the new baby boy and hear "L's" birth story. The poor woman had been in labor for almost 2 weeks before it finally got strong enough to really do any good. So I talked with her, got her daughter, and hurried home. "R" wanted to chat online with people who knew the guy that had committed suicide, so I let her use my computer while I tried to get the munchkin to sleep for the night. Finally at 11:00 last night my life started to slow down. I got the munchkin to sleep in Cam's room and I was taking "R" home. My husband told me that he wanted me to pick up some food for him, so I went to the store. While I was at the store I noticed some discounted flowers for a pretty cheap price and grabbed a couple of bunches and decided to give them to my friends. As busy as my night was, it was NOTHING compared to what they had been going through.
My sleep last night actually went fairly well, considering I haven't had a little little one at home for a long time. The munchkin only woke up once, and unfortunately she woke up Cam before she woke me. So at 3:30 in the morning two little kids wandered into my bedroom hand in hand and Cam told me that she was crying. I took her and soothed her and put them BOTH back to bed. Then they pretty much slept quietly until the alarm went off. I was amazed at how soundly I sleep now! A freight train couldn't rouse me! (Literally!)
To end on a happy note, I'm going to be leaving town for my family's annual Memorial Day camping trip on Friday morning. I'm SOOOOOOOO excited! I love camping and can't wait to go! My only problem with my trip is that my husband has to work this weekend and can't go with us. It will be the first time since we got married that we haven't been able to spend this special weekend together. I know that he's been pretty spoiled in regard to this holiday weekend, but I'm going to miss him! I'll still have fun, but it just WON'T be the same!

6 comments:

Mall Worker said...

That does sound like one crazy night! I hope you have a great time on your camping trip :)

Blackeyedsue said...

You are such a good friend. Seriously, you have no idea what your concern and love mean to those women. I need you to live by me!!!

Rachelle said...

YOu have been busy! What a good friend you are.

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie...you are so thoughtful sometimes! Congrats to "L"! FIANLLY! So do you have little "L" for awhile...???:) She is so cute! I bet her schedule is really out of wack since "L" started mat leave...and now this! Yay though!

CareBearMommy said...

Congrat's to "L" for finally having that baby! It seems like she's been pregnant FOREVER! Your help with their little Munchkin has been a life-saver, I'm sure. It also sounds like "R" really appreciated your company last night. You are such a good friend. Man, sometimes I really wish I still lived behind you!

Diana Mancuso said...

Busy, busy, gal! That is so nice that you manage to find enough time to be there for everyone. You are a true friend. Have fun on your trip this weekend.