Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Day to Day Frustrations

The last few days for me have been pretty lousy! I had a big disagreement with a really good friend that just ruined my Monday...and then yesterday my husband was being a bit of a pill! Needless to say I think most of these problems I'm having are all thanks to me. I've been extremely on edge and short with most people I've been in contact with lately. I HATE feeling that way! Anything that someone says to me makes me defensive and aggravated.
I just have to say before I go on that I love my husband, but lately he's just been getting on my nerves. Every little thing he tries to joke about makes me angry and grouchy. I wish he'd realize that I'm not in a joking mood and I wish that he'd stop trying to make me laugh when clearly I'm not in the mood.
The thing that started me off yesterday was small, but I got worse and worse as the night got on. I was at my mom's house because it's been SOOOOOO hot in our apartment and she has air conditioning...plus I love my mom. Anyway....I was playing with her Pomeranian dogs. She has two and they're cute as can be. They were both in a playful mood and I was throwing a stuffed ducky for them to fetch. On one of my tosses I accidentally hit Steve in the head. I saw what I had done and immediately apologized. Then he grabbed the ducky and chucked the thing at me. That I could understand, it was all done playfully and wasn't bad. But after a while I would throw the toy and Steve would go out of his way to grab it and make sure he could throw it at me. It didn't hurt, but it was about that time I felt like saying, "Enough...I've told you that I'm sorry." But he just wouldn't stop.
Then after we came home I had a couple of phone calls to return and while I was talking to a good friend, both of us venting to one another, Steve rolled his eyes at me. I was telling my friend how tired I was and she was saying that it's understandable since I work hard for my family keeping the household running. I was admitting to her that lately I've been neglecting my duties for the coolness of my mother's house and that my house was pretty cluttered and dirty. He then proceeded to tell me that my job was easy and that he could do what I do. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up and I got VERY defensive. He has no idea what I really do all day. He's been home the last 2 days and those days are not my typical run-around-like-a-chicken-with-it's-head-cut-off days. He thinks all I do is watch tv, nap and go to my mom's house. Those are my RARE days. I just didn't (still don't) feel appreciated by the man. I know he works hard for us, and I tell him how much I appreciate it...but I don't think he appreciates me in the same way. It's just aggravating.
Okay....so I've been really whiny in this post, but everyone has those, right??

3 comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

There must be something in the air. You know, I think that men don't get it. There is no WAY they could do our job. It's not always playing with the kids. There are the menial tasks that we always do.

I will leave my kids home with J and I will come back and the house will be picked up and he will ask me why I complain so much, it's not hard to keep things clean. UGGGGHHHH!!! He picked up toys in one room in a house that I cleaned BEFORE I left. He doesn't do the dusting, vacuuming, wiping, laundry, shopping, cooking, bed making, sheet-changing, sweeping, mopping, bathroom cleaning, weeding, organizing, day-to-day things.

I would love to see a Survivor where the men take over the house to their wives standards. I would LOVE the week off.

You vent all you need to us honey. You are validated here!!!!

CareBearMommy said...

Hey, I'm totally with ya there on that one! I'm had those days, too. My hubby has been VERY understanding lately, though. I don't have a place to escape the heat to, and I swear it's like 90 degrees in my apartment right now. He doesn't mind that the place is a total mess. As long as he has clean clothes to wear to work, the kitchen is clean, and dinner is ready when he gets home from work, I can pretty much take my good ol' sweet time on the rest of the stuff.

I hope things start to go better for you. It's no fun when they don't, even though that's a mega huge part of life. It isn't PMS, by chance, is it?

Dawnyel said...

carebearmommy....you know me all too well!! :) I would have said that in the post, but I feel like I blame EVERYTHING on those three letters!!