Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Not a Good Night to be Out and About

I'm so annoyed right now. I have to get it out of my system.
My husband worked tonight so that he could get some hours this week before we take off. So I ended up with the van while I was at my parents' house for family home evening. Earlier today I decided that I wanted to make a quick tile picture for his aunt and uncle as a thank you for staying at their house...twice now. So I quickly painted the board, glued on the picture and poured the goop on the board, making sure there weren't any bubbles, dust, or any boo-boos whatsoever. I had it all ready and was hoping to take it home with us...hoping that the goop would be set up enough to travel. I was having a good time until I realized that I needed to leave to get Steve from work. I said my good-byes, grabbed the picture, and left. I tried to stabilize the picture on some cups inside of a box lid. That worked fine until I turned the corner, then it crashed to the floor. I was so upset, but I hurried to his work so that I could hop out of the van and fix the mess. We got to his work 15 minutes before he was scheduled to get off, so I turned on the DVD player for Cam and set to work stabilizing the picture in a different spot. I found one that was more stable and waited for him to get off.
While I was goofing off with the cell phone in the van, Steve knocked on my window and shocked me. He told me that it would be another 20 minutes because his replacement was just getting dressed and was going to be walking there. I asked him if he wanted me to go and get her, and he said he did...so he went to get specific directions so that I could get her and speed up his quitting time. He mouthed to me from the drive-thru window that it was the first left and then the first right. So I took off expecting her to be out walking and waiting for me. I drove to the area and there was NO ONE around! I was frustrated, so I called his work and ended up on the phone with a new girl. She told me that he was busy at the moment and that she'd have him call me in 5 minutes. I was still stuck and lost in a neighborhood I didn't know, so I drove around hoping that we would see her walking down the road. No such luck. I drove around for 15 minutes and couldn't find her. So I ended up going back to his work and he told me that it was the first left then the first right on the left side of the road. I was off again! I went to the same road and slowly went down looking at every door in those apartments and she waved me down. I hurried and turned around and got her there. I was expecting about a 5 minute delay as they switched information and he could leave, but no...I ended up waiting another 30 minutes. Cam kept asking when we could go home and I got more annoyed by the minute. So by the time Steve got out to the van I was thoroughly upset. We hurried home and as I pulled into the alleyway leading to our garage Steve started complaining that our garage door was broken again and I let into the poor guy! I told him that you just have to be careful with it...I mean, it's 30 or 50 years old and it deserves some love and care. So he humored me (smart man!) and I pulled in. As soon as the car was turned off Cam was unbuckled and on the picture that I had SO carefully placed so it wouldn't move on the drive home. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! I wanted to scream and yell and throw a fit! He stepped ON the picture...ON the not-so-dried goop!! Luckily Steve was there to help calm me down and the only thing wrong was a small speck of dirt on the top part...I pulled it out, but made it dimpled in the process.
So that was my night...I know you're probably thinking I'm way too sensitive, and I admit, you're right, but I just needed a place to vent and hopefully CALM down before I go to bed. I feel much better...thanks for listening...or ignoring me...whatever you chose to do!

3 comments:

Diana Mancuso said...

I like to listen... or read... or whatever... so vent away!

PS. 10 minutes of yoga before bedtime can do wonders to help calm oneself. ;)

Anonymous said...

Man Dawnyel...I really do feel for you! And I think that you are right to be annoyed! Cam is old enough to know better...but that doesn't change the fact that he is a boy...and they do not always pay as much attention to the world around them as we do. My cousin once stepped into a box of BORROWED proceline statues of Christ...what a nerd! Sorry about your bad night! Go ahead and vent...thats what I am around for!

CareBearMommy said...

You had every right to be annoyed and irritated and frustrated at the whole situation. Man, I felt that way for you just by reading your vent. But hey, if it made you feel better, then you can vent any time you want to. I just hope that today goes better for you, and that you have an enjoyable trip.