Friday, March 10, 2006

A Happy Mom is a Happy Home!

I had such a good day today with Cam and the little girl we babysit! I decided yesterday that I'm tired of being the referee between the two of them and I want to enjoy my time with them. So today I started out with a positive attitude and I got down on the floor and wrestled with them. We were all laughing so hard I forgot, at least for the moment, how hard of a time I've been having lately! I tried lifting them on my legs and playing horsey, like I used to do when I was younger and in better shape, and I only aggravated my aches and pains. I guess that having a fun time is worth more than the pain I can put my body through. Hey, I could even classify it as exercise, if I really wanted to. I had those sweet little kids laughing and having a good time. I guess that's what it's really important. I can't believe the difference it made just to interact with them! YAY!! I figured out a trick, and it worked!!
I also think that knowing that I will be getting a break from babysitting this weekend really helped my out-look too! I don't know what it is about the weekend, but it just makes me so happy and relaxed. It could be the fact that I don't have to wake up nearly as early as I do during the week, the fact that I don't have to babysit, or the fact that I will be seeing Steve more often, maybe a combination of those three. I just love it!!
My only complaint for the day is that I haven't been to see my mom at all this week. Usually in a "normal" week I will be there 3 or 4 days. I haven't seen her since Monday, which for me is a record. I probably won't get to see her until Sunday or Monday with the way things look right now. I hope I can keep Cam occupied with my crazy-mom antics until then. But things are looking up!
I also found out from Steve that the teacher for the Developmental Kindergarten isn't that great of a teacher. He works with a lady who shadows at the Developmental Kindergarten and she knows what kind of a teacher she is. Anyway, she doesn't let the kids cut or glue anything and she only gives them one crayon stub for all of their assignments. She doesn't want to have to clean up the mess that cutting and gluing would make. In my opinion that is a bad excuse!! Kids are in kindergarten to learn to do those things! How can she do those kinds of things! I just don't understand. So now we're to the point where if Cam is recommended for DACC (the developmental kindergarten) we're gonna refuse to have him put there. If we have to we want to have him moved to another school, actually if we could we would move him to another school anyway. But hopefully this shadow thing will work out and we won't have to deal with this "teacher."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fun day...kinda...yea...fun! Just remember that I am the driver...
I have been "interacting" with Matthew more too...mostly because he won't let me not. He wants me to touch him at all times!
It is okay though! I like it!

CareBearMommy said...

Jasmine is always wanting me to play with her. Whether it's My Little Ponies or Littlest Petshop, she likes it when I sit down and play with her. So, I totally understand how happy it makes a little kid when you just sit down (or wrestle) to play with them. Good for you! I'm glad that things are working out, even if you are sore!