Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sadness

Tonight I found out that my great-aunt-step-grandma died. This woman started out as my great-aunt, then after her husband and my great-grandma died, she married my great-grandpa (who had been her brother-in-law.) They were married for about 10 years before my great-grandpa died.
This April she turned 100 years old. She was quite the amazing little lady. She was spry and full of life up until the end. I remember at one family reunion about 10 years ago, they called her to come up on the stage at the church we were at. Instead of going to the stairs, like any other person in her age-group would, she climbed up the front of the stage, jumping up onto the stage. She was 88 years old then. I remember commenting to my mom that I wished I could grow up to be like her.
At her 100th birthday party this year, I went to visit with her and her family. When I went in the house to give her a hug, she said, "Now, you're Dawnyel, right?" How amazing is that? I mean, she wasn't even my grandma, but she KNEW me.
She was cute and truly amazing. She will definitely be missed! Love you, Grandma-Miriam!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

So sorry for your loss! Sounds like she was a wonderful lady!