Friday, May 14, 2010

Remembering The Important Things

I just love it when the Conference issue of the Ensign comes out. I love looking through the pictures and re-reading the talks that I either missed the first time (aka, slept through) or ones that I didn't hear because I wasn't there for it (aka, Priesthood session or Young Women's session). I was excited to hear a few talks, because when Steve got home from the Priesthood session, he was fired up and excited about them.
Thursday, instead of taking a book with me to Cameron's therapy, I grabbed the newest issue of the Ensign. I was in heaven! I am constantly in awe of the things we're reminded of at Conference...usually they pertain directly to my life. I couldn't believe all of the talks in this last session that were directed at families and especially mothers.
In one of the talks, I felt especially touched when I was reminded to speak gently and kindly to my children. I have SUCH a hard time with this. I need to remember it.
I've even been reading this issue in place of my usual bedtime book. It's THAT good! Last night, I even continued reading, past the time I was ready to sleep because I was SO happy and enthralled with the messages. That is something I rarely do with my scriptures or Church magazines.
I'm truly grateful that we have living prophets to guide us. I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father STILL speaks through His servants and that I can feel the Spirit guiding me to understand and learn from these chosen men.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

ooooo! I need to read that talk!!! :) Can't wait to get my copy!