Saturday, May 01, 2010

Love Story, Part 8

Shortly after the belching contest, Steve became a frequent visitor. He would come and see me in my dorm room, and would stay and watch TV with me. Often, he would call just to talk to me.
One night we ended up watching "A Goofy Movie" and both of us commented on how our idea of a perfect honeymoon would be a good camp-out. I never felt uncomfortable when Steve was around, everything was just relaxing and just felt like I was home.
A few weeks after the end of the performance, Steve and I had planned on going to an Institute dance together. Of course, we would be joined by my friends, but it was going to be just another night with us.
Steve was preparing to go to Salt Lake for General Conference, and I was going home. We sat on the stairs in the Institute building and talked for a while. He invited me to go with him and his friends to Utah, and I politely declined, telling him that after the dance I was driving home. He got a worried look on his face, and said, "Please be careful. I don't want to have to find a ride to see you in the hospital. I'd have to tell my friend, 'I need to go to the hospital to see a girl I like.'"
I was in shock, it was the first time he mentioned that he liked me back. It felt nice.
I drove him home that night, and as he got out of the car, I noticed he practically skipped to the front door. I just grinned....I knew how he felt.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Okay, where's part 9? or is the rest just 'history'? :)

Dawnyel said...

LOL, more to come. I've actually got them written, but they're set up to post one per day, the 3 and 4 posts per day was a little much....
Unless I get more feedback asking for more parts to come faster, I will leave it at one part per day. :)