Sunday, March 07, 2010

When Plans Don't Go as They Should

I have been a planner, well, in the general sense, my whole life. I've always had the dream of what I wanted my life to be like. I knew I wanted to be married to a wonderful man in the Temple. I knew that I always wanted to have kids, no more than 3 years apart in age. And I KNEW that I would always be deliriously happy if I followed my basic plan.
As the years have passed, things have NOT always gone as I planned, but there are a few things that I now know.
I KNOW that I am happily married to my sweet husband, in the Temple. We don't always get along or see eye to eye, but we DO eventually work through things and we're happy...most of the time.
I know that having my two sweet boys eight years apart was NOT part of my plan, but it was the right timing for me. (Heavenly Father KNEW what he was doing, not that I understand completely now, but one day I will know.)
I wish that I could have all the things I wanted and had planned for, but for now, I'm trying to find solace in the knowledge that I'm doing what my Heavenly Father wants me to be doing. HE knows all. Even when I whine and complain, He knows what's best FOR ME. And my downer feelings (which I'm feeling now) are just for a short time, and hopefully one day I will see and feel the reasons why things are happening the way they are.

5 comments:

Deb said...

I can so relate to this. My "plans" have not always come to be reality, but Heavenly Father does know what we need and someday I will completely understand, too! Hugs!
Debbie (MOF)

Jewelle said...

Yep, yep, yep. I agree with everything you just said. Hopefully your sad feelings will pass soon.

Rebekah said...

You've inspired me to blog about this too. **steal** For my exerp, read my bloggy. xxoo

Unknown said...

Keep on keepin on...You are such a cute little mamma. And that is what you should be doing. Love you...Come do our craft night. FB me if you are up for it? Love ya.

Jen said...

I too thought I had my life completely planned out. I thought I knew what was best for me. We think we know best using our finite wisdom, but Heavenly Father has INIFINTE wisdom and always knows best. That gives me lots of comfort.