Monday, September 21, 2009

Cheek Update....Sorta

I called Cam's geneticist (the doctor that diagnosed him with NF1, and the one we see every year) and he gave me a little bit of good news.
First bit of good news: Cameron does NOT have to have an MRI on his next visit to the doctor. YAY!! No sedation, no intense anxiety, NO waiting forever for him to come around. The doctor said that after checking his past 2 MRIs and nothing has changed. So since there's been no change and Cameron hasn't complained of pain in his belly, that there's probably nothing to worry about.
Second bit of good news: IF he does have a tumor on his cheek (don't know for SURE, but I'm pretty sure....) then he should be fine as long as it doesn't cause him pain. He said I shouldn't worry about it.
*Phew*
Thanks so much for your concern and prayers!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there little mama...

Rebekah said...

I'm so relieved for you! **fingers still crossed**