Sunday, November 02, 2008

Going Crazy....

Having kids seriously messes with my brain. I swear, I have NO idea who or what is really going on in my life anymore.
Steve is always working and I'm a little tired of being alone at church. I sometimes wonder if people think he's becoming inactive, or whether I'm even married! I miss sitting with him, and tossing my boys his way when I'm fed up! He's such a good helper, and I really miss having him at home! On a happy note though, he will have less Sundays to work. He has been promised 2 Sundays off a month! YAY! He's also nearly finished with his opera....I can't wait to have him all to myself again!
Cameron is a beast-boy! I love him, I really do, but since his birthday he's become rotten! He's highly defiant and is SO strong-willed. He's had issues at school, and we are going to get him tested soon for ADD or ADHD. Really, he's a good guy, but he does have his moments, which seem to last and last and last...
He's also got a new Occupational Therapist who I REALLY don't get along with. The first day she came out to introduce herself to Cameron she mentioned that his other therapist (who I LOVED, but we only had her 2 or 3 times...) was pregnant so she couldn't be his therapist anymore. I mumbled something about since she's pregnant, she's probably super miserable and his new therapist gave me the DIRTIEST look. I was in shock! She then barked at me, "What did you say!?" I told her and then she proceeded to take off with my child. Um, you talk to ME that way and think you can get away with my child?? I don't think so! Because of THIS lady, we're looking for another OT place here in town!
Jake is a joy. Really, he hardly cries, and is so happy. He's just gotten his third tooth and DOES still bite, but it's getting better. The kid has reason to be grumpy, but he's generally smiling and pretty mellow. I'm really spoiled with this kid!
He's working on rolling over from his back. He still hasn't quite mastered rolling from his tummy, but it's coming. I have a feeling that once this kid gets mobile, I won't be able to catch him.
He's also SUCH a talker. He babbles almost all the time. He'll babble around the binkie in his mouth, which makes it look like he's got a cigar hanging out the side of his mouth. It makes me laugh to see him do that.
And me? Well, I'm just doing what I can to keep up. I wake up stressing in the middle of the night sometimes, but really, I shouldn't worry at 4 am. There's nothing I can do about it then....but I'm such a worrier.
Being sick this last week really was HARD. I don't know how mommies to more than 2 kids do it. I just wanted to sleep, but I had to get up and clean, do laundry, cook....just be the mom. It was hard, but I did it. I'm just glad that I'm getting over the worst of it. I will be SO excited when I can breathe through both my nostrils and I have a clear throat. I will also be happy to not sweat so profusely at night.
And then there's the family dramas in my life. Why can't things just be easy? My cousin is really struggling with her boyfriend's death, and so is my other cousin. Then my mother-in-law hasn't communicated with us since the beginning of August, and we thought it was something we did, she's been thinking it was something she did. I don't know what's going on, but the phone lines are crossed somewhere.
Things WILL get better, I'm certain, but until then....*blublbublbulbublublbublublub*

3 comments:

Mattsmom said...

ARGH. Sounds like a load of fun. I really don't have any good advice about Cam. I just hope it is a phase that passes quickly.

YAY for a baby that spoils! You deserve it!

I hope Steve gets to be home more for church...and I am glad that you will get him back after his opera.

Hang in there chica!

Anonymous said...

ugh!! kids can be so difficult, and moms are never allowed to be sick! ((hugs)) Yay for Steve getting some Sundays off.

Anne/kq said...

Your life right now reminds me of mine... Not in specifics but in how it feels sometimes! It will be okay though!