Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Wishing I was Creative Right About Now....

Scouts for tomorrow is cancelled....why, you ask?? Well, the "official" reason is because my partner can't be there, so I don't want to have to find a sub or do it myself. The real reason? I've got NO good ideas on what to do with rambunctious boys for an hour.
Our themes for scouts are off, but just a bit....We're doing January's theme: Cub Scout Car Show. Yes, I realize that we don't HAVE to follow the themes for den meetings, but it's SO much easier for me if we do. My problem is that I have no good ideas. We are having our Pinewood Derby at the end of the month for Pack meeting, but that's the ONLY thing that's really set in stone.
Not only this, but I really have very little going on in my life that isn't scheduled. I feel like I'm in a rut. Yes, that rut will be changing soon, but I'm just getting tired of the same ol', same ol'....
The little boy I babysit is even showing me that he's tired of doing nothing as well. The poor kid has a box of toys that I let him play with downstairs, but I refuse to take him into Cam's room while Cam's at school. He lights up whenever anyone pays him attention, because, honestly, I'm very good at ignoring his whines and complaints.
I'm having problems figuring out a decent color scheme for my blog. Right now, I think the orange is a tad too much....why can't I have a cute blog?!
Maybe it's just a bad day....maybe I'm a lousy person.....maybe I just need to get creative! :P

4 comments:

Deanna said...

I hate to admit how much time i put into my blog...but I was up until 1:30 this morning
'playing'. Pathetic, I know. I think I tried EVERY template, until I finally settled on one I think I can look at for a few weeks. Ruts are hard to avoid, but we'll get through! Sorry - no ideas for scouts. My brain is fried! Good luck,though!

stevie kay said...

I don't know if this helps with scouts at all, but I remember once in acheivement days we made cars out of cardboard boxes and stickers and paint and such and watched a "drive-in" movie. Even if you forego the movie, you could still have a car parade, bumber cars, etc.

Deanna said...

cute idea, stevie!

I like the purple. It's not so POP, but is very springlike.

You ARE creative - i have watched you do singing time, and you're amazing!!! I'm trying to plan the month of APril - We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet...I'm pretty excited!

Mattsmom said...

OOOO...love the card board cars idea! The boys would think you are amazing if you let that crash derby them (bumper cars) too!

I too spend WAY to much time on my blog template! I like the purple!