Saturday, March 08, 2008

Early Morning Wake Up Call

The other morning I was in bed, debating with myself about getting up and taking a shower, or sleeping for an extra 10 minutes. I guess I was supposed to wake up because my phone began to ring.
I didn't know the name or the phone number, but I answered it anyway. The woman on the other end sounded like an older woman and she cheerily greeted me with, "Good morning!! Have you showered yet?!"
I mumbled that I hadn't.
Then she happily chatted on about something else. I agreed with her.
Then she said, "The reason I'm calling is because.....Wait. Is this Leah!?"
I told her it wasn't.
She then said, STILL in a happy voice. "Oh, I'm sorry....wrong number!"
I think that was the happiest wake up call I've ever had!! (And it made me think about the grumpy way I wake up in the mornings. Someday I want to be like Mrs. Merry Sunshine!)

2 comments:

Elena said...

Oh that is hilarious! I've had some funny ones too. It's great to make a friend over the phone isn't it?

Deanna said...

That is a great wake up call! Funny, too!