Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Crazy Dreams and Little Sleep

That's it for my "bad" news. :) I'm having insanely crazy dreams....ones where there's a psycho ghost baby who is EVIL, but I'm the only one who believes it. So I'm forced to take care of it. (This "ghost baby" was found in Cam's school....what she was doing there no one knows...) I've also dreamt that while Cameron and I went 4-wheeling in the middle of nowhere I ran across my parents. We had run out of gas, and were walking when we saw a castle. They were staying in the castle, that was modernly furnished on the inside, but after a quick peek, the whole castle collapsed with them inside of it. Cam instantly became super-heroey and saved them. Then that same night, I dream that I'm telling my mom about the castle dream. I even show her where the castle was supposed to have been.
Yes, dreams plague me! I get so deeply into my dreams that I sometimes forget where I am when I wake up.
On top of this, my hips are spreading, which causes me constant pain! Finding a comfortable position is not easy, and when I do find that PERFECT spot, Steve will invariably roll toward me and snore in my face or ear, depending on the side I'm sleeping on.
Such fun! :P
On a happier note, I saw my doctor and she's proclaiming that everything is going well. I have normal-ish blood pressure (top number was SLIGHTLY high...only 4 points up...), decent blood sugars, we're not worrying about the ketones, and I had a side-ache checked out (I worried it might be kidney problems....) and there was nothing to worry about....probably just the hip pain or just normal aches of pregnancy.
The baby is doing well. He's a mover. He likes to move VERY low in my belly. In places where Cameron just CANNOT feel! (Although he tries...) When the doctor measured my tummy, she said he's definitely NOT small. I guess that's good!
Now I wait a few more weeks. Then I'll be doing the weekly visits and more monitoring! As long as we get a healthy baby, I'm all for doing whatever it takes!
(OH, and I did NOT schedule the c-section date yet....I have yet to register with the hospital, and I think that COULD be an important factor....)
On another doctor related note, I found out that we may have to make a day-trip to Salt Lake next week for an NF1 study Cam is participating in. We thought we were finished until October, but I guess they need to do some more testing on the boy. *sigh* At least I'll get to see my study-coordinator friend, who I JUST told I was pregnant! :D

3 comments:

Kim said...

You always did have strange dreams in HS, but the ones your shared made me giggle. I think Cam's hero episode might imply that he's going to be a great help when the baby is born. So glad your appointment went well! Been thinking about you a lot lately. Hope to stop by and see you next week some time.

Elena said...

I can sympathize with you on the dream thing. I am the numero uno nutso dreamer! And your's sounds exactly like what I would dream. Infact, they make perfect sense to me (in the dream world that is). Do you wake up exhausted? I do.

One Scrappy Gal said...

When I was pregnant with my first, my dreams alternated between giving birth to a monkey, and giving birth to a baby that ate it's way out of me!!