Saturday, March 15, 2008

Countdown

At church last Sunday I had probably 10 people come up to me and ask when I was going to have this baby. TEN!! (I didn't think I looked THAT miserable!) And happily I could announce that I have 3 months left. In the same thought bubble, I realized, "HOLY COW!! I only have 3 months to get things ready for another baby at my house! I'm NOT ready for this!!"
Happily I can say that we DO have a lot accomplished:
  • crib and bedding.
  • general clothing.
  • car seats.
  • Boppie. (The COOLEST thing ever!)
  • burp cloths...although, they're in my downstairs hole....SOMEWHERE!
  • a bouncy seat.
  • extra blankets.
  • high chair.
  • play pen. (Which for the first few months will double as the bassinet.)

BUT there is SO much more that I need to get before I feel like I'm ready. I'm beginning to feel overwhelmed, but in a good way.

Things I've yet to get:

  • swing.
  • jumper chair (not necessary IMMEDIATELY, but would be nice for when he gets bigger.)
  • diapers and wipes.
  • air conditioning for the upstairs, where I feel I'll be spending the majority of my time.
  • bottles (not that I want to put him on bottles as soon as I have him, but it would be nice to have them for when I need them.)
  • binkies. (I'm HOPING this baby will be a good sucker, unlike his older brother...)
  • breast pump. (Yeah, for what you THINK I need it for!) ;)
  • the little head rest thingy that goes around babies heads when they're in the car seats.
  • baby monitors.
  • a diaper bag.

My only hope is that on Monday my doctor will allow me to schedule my c-section. (I've been told I have to wait until a month before the due date....I'm such a planner I want to get everything squared away NOW!) Such a short amount of time to get SO many things done! *sigh*

7 comments:

Jewelle said...

I understand the needing to get prepared thing. My mom husband just laughs at me when I say we are not going to be ready. How come you have to have a c-section?

Dawnyel said...

With Cam I never felt any labor (mostly back stuff, but nothing too big...) and he never even came down the birth canal. The doctors have recommended that I just do a repeat c-section (which I'm not TOO worried about) because they're afraid I may run into problems again.

Mattsmom said...

AH...all you really need is a few sleepers, an outfit or two, diapers, wipes, and a car seat! hehe!

I am glad that you are planning to be well prepared! It is so fun to get all of those things done before the baby comes! When I was prego with Matthew we took a birthing class...it seemed to us that NONE of the couples there felt ready to have the baby until the nursery was painted! At least you don't feel THAT need!

Melzie said...

You don't even want to see about a VBAC? Who knows, if you're hoping this one will be different than last (good sucker=binkie) maybe L/D will be different too!! :)

Planning... I'm a headcase about that.... :)

Deanna said...

Sounds like you're 'really' getting ready for the baby! By the way, you looked so cute at church today! Oh - and I just tagged you. Check my blog to see the rules!

Anne/kq said...

I know how you feel! I can't believe I have less than 6 weeks left... :o

Dawnyel said...

Deanna, I've done that tag! ;)
Here's the link! :)
http://rubbaundiesluva.blogspot.com/2007/02/book-meme.html