Sunday, January 27, 2008

Gordon B. Hinckley 1910-2008


He was a great man, who influenced me for good many times.

There were 2 times when I was directly in his presence, and both times I felt the confirmation that he is truly a prophet of God. The first time he was teeny tiny (I was on the top balcony of the Conference center) and I remember the silence that filled that hall when he entered. I then remember the sweet feeling that brought me to tears. Then, in his sweet way, he took his cane and motioned for us to stop standing for him and to sit. We all giggled.

I love him, and will miss him, but I also know that he's very happy with his sweetheart tonight! What a sweet scene that must be!

He died around 7:00 pm surrounded by his family at the age of 97. I love you, President Hinckley!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks girl! I agree whole heartedly. What a reunion that must be!

Sketchy said...

"Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things. Enter thou into the joy of thy Lord." Matt. 25:21

CareBearMommy said...

Well put, Dawnyel. Although I was totally shocked when my parents called to tell me, I am very happy for him. He was a wonderful leader who impacted millions of people's lives, and now he gets to be with his sweetie.