Friday, September 14, 2007

So YOU Asked....

One Scrappy Gal said...
Ever watch the cartoon The Backyardigans with your son?
In the opening credits...they always show 5 Backyardigans. Uniqua, Pablo, Tyrone, Tasha and Austin.
Yet... in the actual episodes...they almost always only show 4.
It's usually a different one that's missing of most of the episodes...yet they don't explain where they are! Are they at a doctor's appointment? Having braces put in? Running errands with their mother? THEY NEVER EXPLAIN WHERE THEY ARE!
So I sit through some of these episodes...wondering...why bother showing 5 in the credits...when most episodes only have 4.
Do you think it's because it's too hard to show 5 on the screen at the same time?
Where do you think the missing one goes? Is there some conspiracy afoot?
P.S. I'm looking for some good movies to add to my online rental queue. Any suggestions?
Scrappy:
HOLY SMOKES LADY!! ;)
Yes, I sometimes watch the Backyardigans (cute show...) And I DID notice that there are usually only 4 kids (are they kids?? Or are they animals??) in the episodes. I feel kinda bad too, because I've noticed (at least in the early episodes) that Austin was the one left out.
I have also come up with a theory, Austin's mom is STRICT when it comes to playing with his friends. She's worried that he'll pick up bad habits from his friends. (And what IS Uniqua anyway!?) But getting back to the point, he's stuck at home, watching his friends from his bedroom window because his mom is "mean."
If Austin happens to be in the show, and there's still only 4 kids, then the odd one out is often Tasha. Tasha is just TOO good on those days to play with Austin, she's often jealous, and BEGS her mom and dad to take her on errands. She just does NOT get along with Austin, unless she's in charge!!
The reason they show ALL 5 is because there's always the possibility that you might spot the missing child, staring out of their bedroom window....WISHING they were playing with their friends....Either that, or the animators are just lazy!!
And as to your movie rental question: Disturbia is good, and I just watched Pursuit of Happyness....BOTH are good!! (Oh, and if you want one your kids can watch too, I highly recommend Bridge to Teribithia and The Last Mimsy.) If you want classics, you can NEVER go wrong with The Princess Bride, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Head Over Heels, or (my personal favorite, which I'm watching on MTV right now and HOPE to buy one day) Get Over It!!
******************************************************
Elena said...
What's your favorite kind of pizza? And from where?
Elena:
I LOVE Craigo's Philly Cheese Steak Pizza. Yes, it's a little more expensive, but WELL worth the money....I fill up on just two pieces of their pizza compared to 5 of Pizza Hut's or Little Caesars'.
********************************************************
Anonymous said...
Have you got that postcard i sent you yet? Do you have a good recipe for children's party food?
Rachel
Rachel:
I SO LOVE YOU LADY!!! Yes, I did get your postcard, and my husband was confused!! *snicker* I use it as my bookmark when I read....every time I see it, I think of my WONDERFUL friend on the other side of the world!!
The BEST children's party food I can think of is cupcakes. (Use the box, the kids won't know the difference!!) And then there's always Puppy Dog Chow:
9 cups of Chex (or a Chex-like cereal)
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1/2 cube of butter
1 bag of chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Set aside the cereal. In a microwave safe bowl put the peanut butter, butter, and chocolate chips. Let melt (stirring often...I do about every 30 seconds or so...) until mixture is smooth. Add vanilla and stir. Pour mixture over cereal and combine until cereal is coated. Then put into a zippered baggie, (gallon sized) and add sugar and shake.
SOOOOOO Yummy!! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Puppy dog chow sounds great thanks.
Oh if you ever want another postcard just let me know! Glad you got it!
Rachel