Thursday, August 02, 2007

Change is in the Air

I've had a few things happen lately, and I figured I OUGHT to share them here!
  • My sister and her husband have found a job, and because of that job they're moving FAR FAR away. Like to the middle of nowhere Nevada. Which I think just stinks, like smelly cheese!! I don't see the girl NOW, and she only lives 2 and a half hours away, can you imagine the 10 or so hour drive NOW!? I just hope they survive and perhaps even THRIVE there!
  • I bit the bullet, and got my OWN cell phone! Steve's usually had control over the ONE that we DID have, but with our contract being up, we decided that it was time that I got a phone too. I think I may mostly use it to call Steve when I need to talk to him.
  • My house smells MARVELOUS again! I had a party, of sorts, for this FAB company who sells wickless candles. I bought their stuff earlier in the year, and found that I loved it, but they didn't last very long. So I had a "basket party," where I took the little tester scents around with me for a while, letting everyone I know smell the stuff....and voila! I earned TONS of free stuff, and now have about 15 different scents....and people who know me and love me asking if I could maybe start selling the stuff myself....And I'm thinking about it!
  • One of my many cousins, but one of my favorite cousins, just got married a month ago, she told us that she just found out she's pregnant! I'm just SO happy for her, I can't hardly stand it!
  • We took a home-buyer's class, and have decided that in the best interest of ourselves (*hee hee*) we're going to put home-shopping on the back burner until next year. Hopefully by then the market will be flooded with homes that will appeal to both of us!
  • It's family reunion season. For us that means spending the moolah, to not really get much. We're supporting the reunion, but usually, we don't win any of the fun auctions, raffles, or bingo games. This year, was different. We spent a total of $17 and won: a box of Otter-type popcicles, a tv plug in game, a little LCD flashlight, and a Nintendo DS with a game and an expansion pack! We feel so lucky!! :D
  • And the Harry Potter series is over. I was sad to see it go, but LOVED the final installment. I just wish there was more coming! *sigh*

2 comments:

One Scrappy Gal said...

I agree with your Harry Potter comment. I'm trying to fill the void with the first book in the His Dark Materials series but so far... it's not making me feel all magical like the HP books do. :(

It's official!! I'm the last person in America WITHOUT a cell phone!

Kim said...

That's a bummer about Michelle. I hope it works out for them though. I know that when I got a phone call to interview for a position in NV, I couldn't force myself to accept...it was in the middle of a desert surrounded by mountains and there were 24 kids 6th-12th grade! I think waiting until next year to house shop is a good idea. You never know what will open up.