Monday, April 30, 2007

I Don't Wanna Be the Mama!

Have you ever had those days where you just want to be YOU? Where if a little person calls you "mom" you think to yourself, 'Is he talking to ME!?'"
Today was one of those days. I don't think I slept very well....so when the alarm went off, I wanted SO badly to ignore it! Unfortunately, Cam ALSO heard the alarm, and came in and immediately began chattering away about some weird thing.
Then Baby J came, and he's been feeling clingy and sick....GEE, just what I want!
Both boys ended up yelling, screaming, fighting, and just being obnoxious. When Cam was being defiant, screaming "NO!" at me at the top of his lungs, and baby J was in the playpen screaming just to be held, I just felt like walking away from it all. Don't get me wrong, I DO love my son, I DO love babysitting, but there are days when I just want to go back to a time when I wasn't a mom. When the only person I had to worry about was ME.
Am I being selfish?? I guess looking back, I am, but I just need a break every once in a while! Some days I just don't wanna be the mama!

6 comments:

Neptune's Supreme Dictator said...

Yes, I understand! Even more so now that I have been watching a friend's son every day so she can sub at the Jr. High. He isn't a bad kid but when you get him and my James together they use both their brains to get themselves into trouble. I know that neither one of us would give up our kids for anything, but it would be nice to have regular Girl's Nights in order to reclaim the non-mommy identity. If I lived in town, I would make sure we did!

Anonymous said...

I am with the dictator! Girls nights would be fabulous. In fact...why don't we have them? We should. We deserve to revert back to our single selfish selves to regroup every now and again...emphasis on the now part! I hope that tomorrow goes better for you!

Mall Worker said...

I don't think your selfish at all. I feel that way too sometimes. Especially when I'm watching my little guy and my niece and they are both being insane.

Suzanne said...

Yep, some days I just want someone else to cook me dinner and have my biggest worry be what I'm wearing to school the next day and if the guy sitting next to me in History has noticed me yet! :)

Suzanne said...

P.S. I nominated you for a thinking blog award. Come to my blog to find out the instructions! :)

Mama D said...

Makes sense. I don't wanna be the Mama right now either!