Saturday, April 21, 2007

Dreaming and Fuming

I had the STRANGEST dream last night. Let me share it with you:
I was doing errands with Steve, and he had to go to work for something. We stopped, and he came out with a leggy, blonde chick who was HOT! Anyway, he told me that the two of them had things to do, so he drove to the mall. He left me and Cameron in the car while he and the blonde met up with some other people from work (another guy and his girlfriend.) So he expected me to wait in the van with Cam while he was "dating" this other girl. I was FURIOUS! He even went to the movies with her, and was putting his arm around her....being cuddly. He ended up taking me and Cameron home so he could spend more time with that OTHER lady.
I was so mad, I made him sit down with me (still in my dream) and talk about what had happened. As we were getting to the heart of the problem kids (yes, suddenly in my dream we had THREE kids) were banging things together, making loud noises, playing with noisy toys, and singing at the top of their lungs. I had finally gotten him to admit something WASN'T right (earlier, he saw NO problems with him hanging out with this other girl...) and I felt a lump on my backside.
Follow me to REAL life: Steve had gotten home from his graveyard shift, and was trying to wake me up. He was kissing me and saying, "Wake up..." I REFUSED!! I was SO mad at the man, I didn't want to give into his pleas!
I know it's weird to have SUCH strong emotions from a dream, but I did. It took me a good 10 minutes to realize it WAS a dream, and that he didn't do anything wrong. In that time I had told him about my dream, and he just laughed! HE LAUGHED!!
Since then, I've forgiven him for the dream...it really wasn't his fault, but waking me up at 7:30 on my day off?? That's unforgivable!

3 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

You poor woman! I've had one or two dreams like that, too. I couldn't help but laugh, though. Maybe because I HAVE had dreams like that. And poor Steve! For his sake, let's just hope you don't have any more such dreams. Don't know how much of that a guy can take!

Anonymous said...

I won't laugh because I know EXACTLYT how you feel! I use to have a recurring dream that I walked onto a scene with Craig sitting in a hot tub (which happened to be in the back of his truck) with several scantily clad model type women. When I got upset in the dream he would reply in a surfer type voice "what's wrong with this". I would always wake up so mad and unsure about our relationship. I haven't had that dream since we got married...but whenever I have a similar type dream Craig puts his arm around me and says that it was "Evil Craig" in the dream and that he loves me and would never turn the back of his truck into a hot tub. Just kidding, he has never said that. He says that he loves me and that real Craig is sorry that Evil Craig hurt me so badly. Then I am sure that he laughs at me under his breath and thinks..."WOMEN" while shaking his head! Just remember that you are not alone. We all dream about the evil versions of our loving husbands. Just give him a big kiss and thank him for not being evil in real life!

Sketchy said...

LOL, he definitely deserves to suffer for that dream. You tell him! :)