Thursday, March 15, 2007

What in the World is Going On!?

All day long I've been asking myself many times just one question, "What in the WORLD is going on?"
The first major thing is the city is demolishing our street. SURE, they say it's to fix the water lines, but COME ON!! Ripping up the WHOLE freakin' street? Okay, so what I'm saying is going a LITTLE too far! They've just torn a HUGE hole in the road, put up orange cones, and made such a ruckus...What in the world is going on?

Then after coming home from taking Cameron to school I watch one of my staples of morning time, The View. Yes, I know, I'm weird, but I really like the hot topics portion (especially since Rosie joined the show...it seems to be SUPER juicy now!) Anyway, they started talking about that guy who confessed to helping mastermind a bunch of terrorist things, and Rosie goes OFF! (It's kinda what I watch for!) She begins by bashing the President and the current leaders. Then she starts to complain that we no longer live in a country where people WANT to live. (I'm not sure if that's EXACTLY what she meant, but that's how I took it.) I determined to find out more about what she was ranting about! (And when I find my answers, I'll probably share them!) What in the world is going on!?

Then I do my morning check of the Internet, including my comments here, my board, and my email. I got THE weirdest email from my Grandma Sue. (LOVE the woman, but she does things that just crack me up sometimes!) She forwarded an email my aunt sent her. She prefaced it with, "This is so cute!" I'm all excited, mostly thinking, "Hey, I'll get to see cute pictures of my cousins!" The pictures open and there's ONE with one of my cousins in it (he's flossing his teeth with his kite string...) but the rest?? They're pictures of baby goats!! WHAT!? What in the world is going on?!

Then during naptime (when Cam is LAYING on top of me on our couch) the phone rings. I ignore it, but can't seem to let it go in my mind. I try to gently get out from underneath Cam to see if there's a message, and find there isn't one, but who was it that called?? My husband's boss! Steve is at work, Jason KNOWS this, he scheduled the MAN!! HELLO!!? What in the world is going on?!

Then, because I'm so NOT good at getting UP from underneath Cam while letting him SLEEP, he's awake, and I decide to check the mail. I pull a whole pile out of the box, mostly junk mail, but it's all addressed to my NEIGHBOR!! The mail-person, whoever they were, mixed up the mail, and has the whole thing moved DOWN one box....for the entire complex!! What in the world is going on?!

And now, I'm all alone, for the moment, Cam is at therapy, Steve is STILL working, I'm actually folding laundry and taking care of things when Steve calls me. He asks me to look OUT the window! Uh, WHAT!? Which window!? Does it matter that I'm upstairs folding clothes?? "Oh," he says, "Never mind!" No, you got me up and wandering to windows, WHAT!? He tells me that from his work they see a HUGE smoke cloud, and he was wondering if our apartment was on fire! UH!? If the house was on fire, would I be answering the phone?? Wouldn't I try to find a way to let you know!? No, honey, we're fine!! Now I'm wondering, what in the world is going on!?

And finally, for now, I come BACK online, I check my usual sites, blog, email, and board. The board is NOT up! In fact, it says that there is a problem connecting! UGH! I check the original board (which has been down for a month now...) and it's STILL down. What in the world is going on!?

If you can answer any of these questions for me, with a decent answer, I'll give you cyber cookies!! (And I've been thinking alternate universe COULD be an answer...)
And now an answer that MAY help me out...today was the "ides of March!" D'oh!!

6 comments:

Melzie said...

*giggle*

One of those days for sure!! LOL! So glad to see others having them, and not just me. ;) No answers btw, but I love the goats. ;)

Anonymous said...

I was so confused at first...I thought that the goats were your cousins...those are strange pictures for your grandma to send you! As for the smoke cloud...big fire. As for the message board...more time for blogging! The other stuff...sounds like the world might be comming to an end! Better luck tomorrow...if it ever comes!

CareBearMommy said...

I don't have any answers for you, but thanks for giving me a good laugh!

Anne/kq said...

Goats? Really?

Suzanne said...

Hahaha! What a funny post! :D

I'm sorry, I don't have any answers for you, but can I still have a cyber cookie??? ;)

One Scrappy Gal said...

I want REAL cookies! Not cyber!

And for your Friday question... why does Dave always yell at Alvin so? It's not like Simon and Theodore all that much better!