Friday, March 02, 2007

Free-for-All Friday Answers

Suzanne said...
Yay! I didn't miss out on the fun.
O.k., Dawnyel, here is your question:
What are five things that make you giggle?
Suzanne: 1. A child's laugh/giggle.
2. My family at dinnertime (honestly, I can hardly eat sometimes...)
3. Dumb jokes (usually the ones from little kids, or that I'll read in the Reader's Digest.)
4. Me (yeah, I make myself laugh ALL the time...usually over someone else's mistakes.)
5. Joking with my husband.
*************************
Thoroughly Mormon Millie said...
What country is Sarajevo in? What country did it USED to be in?
Millie: Make me use Google this early in the morning?? (Okay, so it's nearly 10:00....)
So far, I've noticed that there are references to Kosovo and Bosnia Herzegovina. Which is which?? Wait and I'll get to the bottom of it!
Now, lest you think I'm plagiarizing, I found this definition here:
Sa·ra·je·vo (săr'ə-yā'vō, sär'ə-yĕ-')
The capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina, in the south-central part of the country southwest of Belgrade, Serbia. Built on the site of an ancient settlement, it fell to the Turks in 1429 and passed to Austria-Hungary in 1878. The assassination of Archduke Francis Ferdinand and his wife here on June 28, 1914, triggered the outbreak of World War I. After the war Sarajevo was incorporated into Yugoslavia. It became the capital of independent Bosnia and Herzegovina in 1992. Population: 696,000.
AND Bosnia and Herzegovina used to be Yugoslavia. AH HA!! Now we've solved that mystery! And I was trying to add a pretty picture of Sarajevo in winter, but Blogger won't let me!! So visit that site I showed above! *sigh*
************************
Carrie said...
What is the most disgusting thing you have ever seen? smelled? tasted?
Carrie: You have something with disgusting things! ;)
So while I was at the dentist I came up with some answers, the only problem...to narrow it down to the MOST disgusting. So my only solution was a list of finalists!
On most disgusting things seen: 3. When my mom and I found my great-grandmother dead in her home. (Yeah, not good memories there...) 2. The rotting corpse of a dead horse that mattsmom and I went to get bugs off of for Honor's Biology. THE MOST disgusting thing I've ever seen: the bloated, rotting, maggot covered body of my pet cat, Slim. (Yeah, you were there for THAT one!) It's something that I will NEVER get out of my mind...ever!
On most disgusting things smelled: 3. Fresh skunk sprayed on my friend's dog when I was pregnant with Cameron. It's bad enough when you're NOT pregnant, but to have that heightened sense of smell....EW! 2. Those rotting bodies of the horse and the cat tie for this one. Pyew! The MOST disgusting thing I've ever smelled: My brother and his friend trying to cremate a rotting crow. They did it when we were camping when I was 13, and that smell filled the ENTIRE place...people on the lake could smell it...It was DISGUSTING!!
On most disgusting things I've tasted: 3. Some of my medicines dissolving on my tongue prior to me swallowing them. 2. That nasty stroganoff that I ate a few weeks ago....EW! The MOST disgusting thing I've tasted: It's actually a tie between two things...both related! One time I was tossing Cameron in the air (he was maybe 6 or 7 months old) and I brought him down to my mouth to give him a kiss, and he puked in my mouth! The second is anytime I get bad acid reflux and accidentally puke in my own mouth and swallow it. YUCK!
***********************
One Scrappy Gal said...
When you shoot a mime, should you use a silencer?
Scrappy: Do people really shoot mimes? I guess if they do, then YES!
*********************
Real Girl said...
Pirate - or ninja?
Real Girl: GOSH!! That's a toughie...I think, after being a HUGE fan of Pirates of the Carribean...Pirates! (As long as they look like Johnny Depp!) ;)

3 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

When I read your #4 answer to Suzanne's question, I thought of you laughing at the sound of your laugh. I don't know about NOW, but you used to do that all the time!

CareBearMommy said...

Thank you for so thoroughly answering my question(s). I knew you wouldn't have a problem coming up with an answer!

Anonymous said...

Fun...I actually knew the answer to the location of Sarajevo! Craig had an awesome roomie from Belgrade, so my knowledge of the goegraphics in that portion of the world is pretty good! Thanks for making me feel smart!

I have either blocked it out...or I never actually saw the dead horse! I recall the smell...but I seem to have recollection of you being the only one crazy enough to actually collect any bugs from off of it!

GROSSSSSSS! I have never had the displeasure of tasting someone elses puke! Fun for you!

Maybe next week I will actually get around to posting a question on Free for all Friday! Maybe!