Sunday, February 18, 2007

Spending Time?? Nope...

Where have I been!? Spending our tax refund, naturally! On Friday I went to the dentist, and while my face was STILL numb, I went to pick up my wedding ring. The guy didn't understand what I was saying, but I managed to get my slurs out. (Me: "Hi...muh nuhme is Dawnelllll. Eye'm heere to peeck up my rig.") I put it on, and holy moley, it looks HUGE! Before my "big" diamond looked pitiful in my setting, but now? WOW! Maybe it's because there's like 6 prongs on this new crown, and my diamond is just kind of floating there, but whoa! I love to just look at it sparkle! (Just ignore my owies...I have this weird habit of picking at my fingers and making them icky!)
We paid off our furniture purchase from last year (before the interest was tacked onto the total.) And we feel happy, and content....for now!

And I just thought (while I was downloading pictures) I'd show you what my loving husband got me for Valentine's Day. I got him "smutty" things, and he got me a WillowTree statue of a couple in a loving embrace! (He also got me chocolates and a book, but you know...)
Oh, and on a super happy note, while Steve and I were running around yesterday (like the crazy people we are) we met up with some good friends! I asked the husband (he was without his wife) where she was, and he told me that she was in the car. I started making a crack about her being lazy, then he told me that she'd just had twins. WHOA!! I didn't even know she was pregnant!! She's someone that I'm not EVER upset to hear good things about. She struggled for 5 years before finally having her first daughter, and has had to go on major fertility drugs to get her son and now her baby girls. I ran out to their van to chat with her, and she was just beaming. She said that her trick THIS time was a new medicine that they use for breast cancer patients. She told me that after ONE month on this drug she got pregnant with her twins. I'm thinking about talking to my doctor!! ;) Seeing someone who's struggled with infertility, the way she has, overcome....I can't even tell you the happiness I feel for her! (I feel that there's gotta be hope out there for me too!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet V-day gift from Steve! It sounds like you two have figured out the whole "get eachother the gifts that will really be appreciated instead of whatever you want" thing. I really need to get my ring recrowned too...was it super expensive?
And finally...yay for your friend...there is hope for us all! Whatever our trials may be!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Doug and Lynette have just moved up to Idaho. You should go poke them.

One Scrappy Gal said...

Lovely photo of the ring!! My Valentine's was spent unpacking and cleaning. Sniff. :(

Suzanne said...

Your ring looks gorgeous! I'm glad you had a happy Valentine's Day together! :D

Millie said...

Oooooh, shiny. What smutty things did you get for your hubby? ;)

Anne/kq said...

Yay for babies! That's a great story!

We're busily spending our tax refund, too-- mostly paying off credit card debt.

Dawnyel said...

Okay, for those who REALLY want to know what I got dh for Valentines...I have been told not to tell. Let's just say, we both have new "jammies" and a fun new toy! ;)