Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I.....Can't.....Help.....Myself......

It seems like every time I turn around...there it is....waiting to be watched! It's not that I go looking for it, but when I come across it...I can't help myself, I've GOTTA watch!
Since the first time I watched it I was in love with the plot, music, and just the idea that it might have a sliver of truth to it....I was in love. Granted, the first time I watched it I was 12, and very much into that kind of thing.

Saturday's Warrior is one of my all time guilty pleasures. I know, the plot is cheesy, the story is complete fantasy, and the music? Well, it's a musical...

When I was that young, naive 12-year-old watching this funny movie I was dragged in by the Julie story-line. The fact that she was in love with being in love...that was ME!! I love the song that she sings to her "true" companion in the "pre-existence," Circle of Our Love. I grew up thinking, "When I meet that one guy I'm supposed to marry, it will be JUST LIKE THIS!" The whole slow-motion, love-struck, musical moment....it would be mine!

Of course, when the actual moment came...there was NONE of that, but we were in a heavenly choir!! *snickering*

Whatever it is, I just love the cheese and will forevermore love the cheesiness of this movie!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha.... I so remember that you loved this musical. I can't say that I ever shared your fascination with it..but...we all love our own variety of cheese! I say get yourslef some crackers and indulge!

CareBearMommy said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Whew, gulp, gasp... let me catch my breath now! Oh, boy! I totally remember your obsession with that show. Just thinking about that makes me crack up. I liked it too, but I just couldn't get past the cheesy acting and fake props of it all. I did love the missionary song, though.

Lana said...

I love it too!

Anne/kq said...

*gags* *pukes*

Sorry. I'm done now. ;)

Suzanne said...

LOL!!! I loved Saturday's Warrior as a kid, and like you, the Julie story line was my favorite. I don't know if I could watch it now though... :D

Millie said...

Oh, totally. I love it too. We have mocked that musical incessantly for years now... we mock what we love.