Friday, February 02, 2007

Inside a Rubba Undies Luva's Thoughts

Alone. That's me right now.
We signed Cameron up with the Learning Center. He went there this last summer, but we stopped sending him once school started back up. We really didn't want to overwhelm the kid, but it seems he's really needed to go. All week he's been excited about it, asking when he can go. I told him yesterday that instead of mama picking him up from school a van would come and take him to the Learning Center. He was so excited! I just hope he's not rotten for them. Lately, he's been extremely cranky in the afternoons. (Nothing like needing a nap!) So now on Fridays all I have to do with him is drop him off at school and I'm all on my own until nearly 3:00 in the afternoon. Whatever will I do with myself!?

Then, Cam's also been pulling his hair OUT of his head. Last summer he cut a patch of hair from that same spot, but now he's got a bigger bald spot, and I don't know whether to worry about it or just let it go. When I ask him why he pulls his hair out he tells me, "Cuz I wanna." Maybe he's just seeing if he can bother me. But to stop him from yanking it out I've buzzed his head...with the hopes that he can't get a good hold and make his bald spot bigger! Let's hope!

We've been having a weird occurrence here lately. Our landlord scheduled an inspection last week. I wasn't bothered by it, I think it's good that he wants to see what's going on in these apartments. But instead of just him, or his son (the repair guy) coming, it was him and a couple of guys who were looking into buying the building. Weird!

The first time this happened I didn't really think much of it, until our nosy neighbor said we were probably the only apartment that they went inside of. Then the other night we found a note on our front door from our landlord asking us to call him. We were a little curious about what he wanted, but didn't worry too much! He wanted to know if he could show our apartment to someone else the next night. We agreed, then looked at each other. Why does he like showing OUR apartment? Is it the fact that these apartments allow smoking and pets and we have neither!? We really don't know the reason, but after letting more people wander through our home last night the landlord kept thanking us over and over.

And the Groundhog predicts early spring? Yeah, right!! We'll see if THAT one comes true!!

The SuperBowl is on Sunday. Not that I LOVE football, but in our family we're all about finding ANY excuse to have a big family get together! And who doesn't love watching commercials that make them laugh!? I may just end up rooting for the Bears anyway, just to BUG Steve! ;)

Now what am I going to do? I've got an hour and a half until Cameron comes home, and I'm finished with my blog. *sigh*

7 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

That is one huge bald spot. I would seriously consider at least talking with your doctor about it. Usually, when kids do something like that, there's an underlying cause. Good luck. Smart move buzzing off the whole thing to prevent him from doing any further damage.

Mall Worker said...

Smart move on the buzz cut. That way he can't pull it out.

That is really odd about the landlord showing off your apartment. I bet its because its in good condition.

I'm sure you'll find stuff to do during your free time. Its easier then you'd think!

Have a wonderful superbowl Sunday!

Anonymous said...

WOW...he really has been yanking out his hair. I am with Carrie...it seems like when kids do things that hurt themselves there is a reason for it. I hope he is just being a boy...but I think I would ask about it. I suppose that if you notice him doing anything else strange now that he can't pull out hair...you'll know there is something going on.

I also think that the landlord shows your apartment because it is among the cleanest of the bunch! Yay for you!

I will be rooting for the Colts! They are one of "my teams"! They rock! 'Da Bears are GOING DOWN BABY!

Blackeyedsue said...

Yay for you! You get time to yourself and no kid responsibility. I could probably name a thousand things I would do if I had time to myself. But in all honesty, I would boot up the computer or veg in front of the tv.

I wouldn't make too big of a deal about Cam's early male baldness. At least to him. My brother did the same thing, only it was the swirly on the crown of his head. He looked like a monk. He just did it because he wanted to bug my mom. The more he did it, the madder she got. Boys!

Anne/kq said...

My landlord keeps doing inspections but that's cause he's in trouble with the city and they schedule them, lol. (He hasn't fixed the leaky roof in three or four years now, and is required to by law.)

I am a hair-puller, and have a thin spot on my left temple from so many years of doing it in that spot. Not good. I used to pull my eyebrows, too, but when they went splotchy I was finally able to stop, although it took about a year for them to finally grow in almost normal, and I haven't been able to pluck them the whole time because that could stop the growing-in process again. It's akin to biting my nails and ripping off my toenails, also bad nervous habits (I've been known to absentmindedly do both until they bleed when I'm stressed.) I would suggest not making a big deal about it (sure to backfire) but maybe non-judgementally offering a fidget instead when you see him doing it. If he does it enough it can cause a permanent bald spot or thin spot like mine, or even bleeding and possible infections (yep, happened to me as a kid.)

Lisa M. said...

What is "The Learning Center"?

I have no advice at all about the hair thing, but I do think the buzz cut is a great idea.

Gosh, time on your hands? I usually have a good snack and read others blogs.

Oh wait? THat is what I am doing now.

*laughing*

Have a fun, Superbowl Sunday.

Mel said...

How fun for you to have time on your hands! You deserve it!

Have a nice Superbowl Sunday! I think most people/families just like another excuse to get together and eat junk. Me included:) I like the commercials too!

We are having a Birthday/Superbowl Party for the young'un!