Sunday, February 04, 2007

And The Answer Is...

Sunday is nearly over. I absolutely LOVE having church start at 1:00! Maybe it's the teen-ager longing to get out of me, but I love being able to sleep in.
Yes, as I mentioned earlier, I was released from my calling as Primary Chorister. I was so sad over it too! But my NEW calling is: (funny enough, when I asked for guesses, someone got it RIGHT on the nose!!)
Assistant Cub Scout Den Leader (or whatever they call us now!)
I'll be working with another lady (who funny enough, was the Primary pianist when I started as the chorister) and we'll be working with the Wolves and Bears. Our ward is in the process of finding someone else to help out with the Webelos. I'm nervous, excited, and ready to go. I definitely felt the need for my setting apart (which turned out very well...being admonished 4 or 5 times to seek the Spirit) to help me feel more comfortable in this position. I can't tell you how strongly I feel about being set apart...I tried doing a calling for almost 4 years WITHOUT being set apart, and I hated, HATED it! I could never figure out what to do...how to do it...or anything. I was frustrated beyond words. Then when I got the calling again, I was all upset over it, but got set apart. That was the ONLY difference. I loved the calling (and now I'm sad to be leaving it!) Thoughts came so easily, and ideas just worked out!
Now I'll be working on getting certified and learning what to do. I'm pretty excited!
Another "perk" of being in this new calling, I get to attend the "big people" meetings. I haven't done that forever!! For pretty much my entire adult life, I've been in Primary. I don't know if I'll know how to behave...sit still...or anything. That's where more nerves are showing. Although, Steve is THRILLED to get to sit by me in Sunday School! ;)
******************
Tonight was the SuperBowl, and sadly, the team Steve was rooting for won! ;) I thought I could "root" for the Bears, but I just wasn't really into the game. The Colts fought hard, and deserved to win, even thought I was more interested in watching the commercials. Laughing at some, and rolling my eyes at others. The one that REALLY got me was the Snickers one, where there's two guys working on an engine, and one guy starts eating a Snickers. The other guy bites onto the other end of the candy bar, and for a split-second the two manly men "kiss!" EWWWW!!! Then they immediately decide to do something "manly!" They rip open their shirts and pull some of their chest hair off! OUCH! I have to admit, it did make me giggle!
The thing I used to look forward to most on SuperBowl Sunday was the half-time show. I remember YEARS ago when Michael Jackson was the half-time entertainment and it was really impressive and something I enjoyed "rocking out" to. (As much as you CAN rock out to MJ!) Now, we have Prince. ICK! I cannot stand the man. The whole time we were commenting on his "do-rag." WHY does a grown man wear something like that!? Especially when it has a fancy bow on the front!?
I wouldn't have been so upset over it if he had sung some of his songs, but he was singing OTHER people's songs! Sure, he sang Purple Rain at the end, but he was singing Tina Turner (Rollin' on the River) and Foo Fighters (don't ask me what the song was, I don't listen to them...my youngest brother had to point out that it was a Foo Fighters song!) How upsetting. Thanks, Janet Jackson for ruining future SuperBowl half-time shows FOREVER!!

10 comments:

Mel said...

Yeah for cub scouts! I like my calling in the cub scouts. The boys are fun and I really like not having a "Sunday" responsibility:)

Sketchy said...

I'm in cubscouts too! It's so fun! It's one of my favorite callings ever.

You could be in my ward too, Hubby and I take care of the Bears and Wolves and they are currently looking for someone to take care of Webelos (and they've been "looking" for the whole 6 months we've been involved).

Millie said...

I think the boys have a lot of fun in Scouts - how great that you get to experience that with them now! Good luck on being reverent in Relief Society! ;)

Suzanne said...

Have fun with your new calling! I miss "adult" meetings too! I've been in Primary for over 2 years and I still love it, but I will love returning to Relief Society some day too.

The Mathews Family said...

Congrats on your new calling! I'm sure you'll do great. It sounds like you've got a really great attitude. I love having the callings that allow me to go to the big people classes. Have fun with it!

Mall Worker said...

My brother was in cub scouts and I always thought the things they did were so much more fun then what we did in the girl scouts. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it!

nikko said...

Yay for Cub Scouts! I'm the pres. member over Cubs and we are currently short on den leaders. We would love to have you in our ward. :o) Right now our Wolves and Bears are meeting together and I'm doing the Webelos till we find a new leader.

Rachelle said...

Enjoy your new calling. I am happy to report I didn't watch a single moment of the super bowl.

Anonymous said...

We figured Prince wore the cloth on his head to keep the rain off.

I can't see Prince without thinking he's a silly, silly man. He reminds me of the character Ruby Red from the movie Fifth Element.

Funny you should mention Michael Jackson, though. We were wondering what would happen if he were performing instead of Prince, and if so, would he melt in the rain? Or just parts of him?

The guys, of course, wanted to know why no one got electricuted playing with violently purple electric guitars in the pouring rain.

What can I say? We're a sick bunch. :)

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA I WAS RIGHT! You will make a good Den leader...enjoy it! It will also give you a good opportunity to learn what you need to know to help Cam in two years when he gets to be a cub scout!
Come to think of it...I was right on two counts...'da Bears did go down! Maybe I am psychic!