Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Sunday That Brings Changes

I just realized that tomorrow (well, in a few hours anyway) it will be the first Sunday of the year. That means lots of changes for my little family in regards to church.
  • New church time! We move from the 9 am block to 1 pm. I wish we could go to 11 am, but our building is so small that they have to stick the small single's branch in between the two HUGE wards...just to have enough classrooms and parking.
  • Steve got a new calling last week. He's been the first councilor in the Sunday school for about a year now. His calling consisted of ringing the bell to let the classes know when they had five minutes left, and then again when it was time to dismiss. He's sad to leave that calling, but has the fire again for his new one: Priesthood chorister. He's so musically talented and is rearing to turn the men in our ward into a beautiful choir!
  • We start the new theme for the year in Primary. This year's theme is "I'll Follow Him in Faith." The first song is one that I taught to the last ward I was in, and we learned a few years ago in THIS ward. It's so pretty. Last week we just reviewed the melody...singing "loo loo" or "humming" the melody over and over. It worked pretty well. Tomorrow we're going to show the pictures that came in the Primary Partner's Singing Time book. I LOVE this book! It has the pictures for every song the kids are supposed to learn this year. SUCH a HUGE help! (I'm artistically challenged!) We used props the last times I taught this song, and I may use them again, but we'll see how the kids respond to the pictures first.
  • Cam is moving up in Primary. He's going to be in the CTR 7 class. I told him tonight that he'll get a new teacher tomorrow. He began dancing around the kitchen chanting that he's getting bigger. (I began giggling!) He's excited, and that's all that matters!
  • My cousin is having her baby blessed. At first she was going to have a luncheon afterward, but they couldn't afford it, so they cancelled it. I had already told the Primary people I wasn't going to be to church on Sunday, found a substitute, and was prepared to hang out with my fam. Now we don't have that excuse, so I think I'll be going to my own ward TOO. Cam was asking me, "Why we go to 2 churches?" All I could tell him was that we were going to see Baby Alexis blessed. He looked at me like I had 3 eyes. Once I told him who baby Alexis was he was okay, but I'm not so sure I want to be me tomorrow during the second sacrament meeting.

All these changes, and the BEST is that we can NOW sleep in! I'm so excited! YAY! More sleep time for me!

5 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

It's funny that you're moving FROM the 9:00 time slot... that's the one we're moving TO starting tomorrow. Not so fun for Kelly, getting up at 5:00 to be to bishopric meetings at 6:00. (next year, our ward moves to 3:00!)

I'll start blogging again soon, hopefully. I'm a zombie. I DID call you last week, and you weren't there! Maybe I'll try again this week.

Suzanne said...

We're now in the 1:00 slot too. It's going to be harder on the kids and I'm sure the day will seem really short because we'll sleep in, but that's o.k. We'll manage.

I'm going to miss the 11:00 time slot, but I'm not going to miss skipping lunch every Sunday. Yeah for lunch! :)

I'm excited for the new Primary theme too! It was fun getting a new Primary class yesterday, but I'm going to miss my old kids!

Anonymous said...

We are back in the 9:00 slot. I will miss the 11:00 time tho...It has been so nice to only have 2 regular wards in our building...we haven't had 1:00 church since we moved here (that will change tho since they just added another ward to our stake)! Enjoy sleeping in!

Sketchy said...

Sounds like a memorable Sunday. I was just shocked to find that my 2nd youngest was now a Senior Primary kid. I'm so sad...only one left in junior...

How was the blessing and day?

Anne/kq said...

We moved to 11:00. Personally I prefer 1 (conflicts less with kids' sleep schedule, more time to sleep in, more parking since there wouldn't be another ward there), but oh, well.

And it's a new year, and I STILL don't have a calling. Although the bishop is starting to ask questions that may hint I'm about to be called as ward Website Administrator, which was my suckiest calling EVER, but at least it's something (and let's face it, my ward's website NEEDS help-- the calendar hasn't had a thing on it since I've been looking at it-- a year and a half-- half the callings are out of date, and the missionaries' names haven't been updated since before we moved in. I have NEVER gotten an e-mail bulletin through the website in this ward, nor have I gleaned any useful information from it other than looking up the ward list, which updates automatically. So I suppose I wouldn't mind it much seeing as I'd have so much good to do.)