Monday, January 08, 2007

Sunday Summary

Instead of going to two wards on Sunday, we skipped our own meetings and just went to sacrament meeting for my cousin's baby blessing. Several interesting things happened while we were there:
  1. Our family, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, siblings....filled up over half of the chapel. We were that ward's fillers. I've never been in a ward so small since I was in college! WHOA!
  2. Saw a few familiar faces: my former visiting teaching partner, who was on the cover of a local magazine a few months ago, the son from family in our current ward, and one of my former Sunday school teachers. (Funny story about this particular teacher too...I'll share later!)
  3. One of my good friends from high school, and a little afterward, was now in this ward. I haven't really seen or done something with her since before she got married. We stayed after talking for about 45 minutes. Found out that her husband is in Mexico trying to start up his business, and that she's working two jobs to keep things going. We made promises to keep in touch, exchanged phone numbers, emails, addresses....

We had a good time. The baby was adorable...and looked like she was worried when her dad held her up for the congregation to see. My cousin bore her testimony, and we all cried, and then we listened to some stories that people are spreading that AREN'T true. But it was a good day.

Okay, now, as promised, the funny story from my Sunday school teacher. This teacher invited our whole class to her house to watch the Super Bowl (recorded version, of course) and we'd snack, watch the game, and have a good time. Well, I got a little too crazy! We started a small food fight, but I made it HORRIBLE! (I'm STILL embarrassed about this!) I took a 2 liter bottle of grape soda, bright purple, and shook it up...causing it to spray all over the living room carpet. That stopped the party instantly. We all cleaned and I was just horrified for the rest of the year. Seeing her now causes me to hope...to the bottom of my heart...that she doesn't recognize me. And I haven't talked to her since then!

3 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

Okay... youre gonna HAVE to email me, telling me who the Sunday school was.... I swear I was there when that happened! HAHAHA! Very funny story!

I'm glad you had fun at the blessing.

Mall Worker said...

Oh, that story was just hilarious! I'm glad you had a good time at the blessing.

Rachelle said...

LOL! That story is hilarious! You have the best stories to share!