Friday, January 05, 2007

Dream Weaver

When I was growing up, my little sister, Michelle, and I shared a bedroom. From the time she was big enough to be away from mom and dad at night, she was in my room. I'm 6 years older than her, so we didn't always get along.
My best memories are of her dreaming and me, being the MEAN older sister, I changed her dreams. She was very pliable...just like putty! *Mwhahahaha*
There was one time she was sleeping peacefully, kinda moaning, but still fairly quiet, and I had a brilliant idea. Let's see if I can make her believe she's a piece of poo...floating in a toilet. WORKED LIKE A CHARM! The best part was when I told her that I was going to flush the toilet, I made a swooshing noise and she threw her arms backward and jerked like she was being pulled down the drain.
Another time she woke up while I was in bed reading. I was a complete night-owl growing up. Anyway, she looked at me, then looked down to the comforter on her bed. My mom had made us matching blankets, and they were purple with flowers all over it. She began gently petting the flowers. I was highly amused, like always, and I told her if she "picked" the flowers she could fall back to sleep. She "picked" the flowers off her blankets and laid back and fell asleep.
Another time she woke up and began talking gibberish to me. I had NO idea what the girl was saying, so I said good night. I think she was talking in a foreign language! I wrote down some of the things she said. The next day even she didn't know what the words meant.
The funniest time was when she woke up and accused me of taking her friend, Jenny. Now, Jenny hadn't been there AT all! She was at home, sleeping peacefully in her bed, for all I knew. I told Michelle that Jenny wasn't there, but she refused to believe me...she got furious and yelled at me. After she calmed down and back to sleep I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote down the entire conversation. The next morning I showed her the paper, but she didn't believe me.
I think there are days NOW that she doesn't believe I did these things to her, but I did.
There is one other memory I'll share, just so this isn't a "Michelle bashing" post. One night I was sleeping and I heard Michelle snoring loudly. Like you could hear it coming on like a freight train. I whined to her, "Michelle, stop snoring." The snoring stopped for a while, but soon *SNORT.*
"Michelle, stop snoring!" Silence for a few more minutes, then *SNORT*
I sat up, looked at her bed and began screaming, "MICHELLE, STOP..."
She wasn't there. I was all alone! It had been me the whole time. Once I shared this story with her, she felt better about the dream thing, but it still doesn't live up to the floating poo! I WIN!

10 comments:

Suzanne said...

Yay, I was waiting for this post! I have tears streaming down my face! You are so naughty, but thanks for giving me a laugh. I shouldn't be laughing because I do crazy things in my sleep too. I'm just glad no one has documented them... :D

Dawnyel said...

It was YOU, Suzanne, who gave me the idea...so thanks for the inspiration! :) I just worry if my sister ever decides to read this!

Rachelle said...

LOL at the last story! I do that sometimes too in a light sleep. Sounds like you and your sis have a good relationship!

Mel said...

That was hilarious! I'm trying hard not to laugh because the rest of the house is asleep!

Sketchy said...

LOL What a naughty big sister you were! The pooh dream has to be the best way to mess with a little kid I've heard in a long time...now I just wish I weren't the Mom so I could go try it, lol.

One Scrappy Gal said...

I'm an old lady now and just recently, I went home to visit my family in NYC. My brother...immature putz that he is... took photos of me sleeping with his finger and other objects in my nose. When I was finally getting ready to leave, he asked me if I was a deep sleeper. When I told him I was, he showed me all the photos on his cell phone he had taken of me asleep. PUNK! I ran after him but sadly his legs are longer and he can cover more ground when he runs. I bet my mom was amused to hear me yell "MOM!" at age 33...tattling on my 31 year old brother. :)

Millie said...

Wow, are we in sync. Go listen to the music on my blog (I put it there last night). And that "you're a piece of poo and I'm flushing you down the toilet" was just funny. :)

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! You did so many mean things to your sister! I was never so mean...although there was once that Katherine's bro and mine were sleeping at her house and we painted their toenails, and smeared their faces with lipstick and powder and took pics of them. It's a good thing that they are our siblings and that they have to put up with us...deep down they love us too!

Anne/kq said...

As someone who is easily suggestible, and walks and talks in my sleep, I shudder reading this...

I'm so glad my brother never thought to do that while we were sharing a room!

jen said...

I used to have conversations with my sister too.. but I never thought of changing her dreams. Just asking her dumb questions and then making fun of her for it later.