Thursday, January 04, 2007

Sewing Monster

The reason I've been so tired is clear now! It must have been the lack of sunlight! (No, unfortunately I'm NOT pregnant...yet!) Today was fairly bright and sunny (don't ask about the temperature though!) and I felt awake and happy...well, except for the fact that I had a screaming baby to watch.
About an hour before he was to go home I finally figured out what was going on...Baby J's teething. DUH! I should have medicated the poor baby! Oh, well. Live, learn, and try again next time he freaks out on me!
I pulled out my new toy today: a sewing machine my mom gave me for Christmas. I loved the feeling I had mending my husband's pants. (Yes, I'm weird!) When I had it all done I asked him if there was anything else he needed fixed...I had the machine all set up and the bobbins loaded, but he didn't have anything else. I may become a sewing monster now...Hunched back, quick threading fingers, and the aversion to natural light, but I'll be happily busy! I may even finish that quilt I started 3 or 5 years ago! Who knows what possibilities await the sewing monster.

5 comments:

Mel said...

I wish I had a sewing monster inside of me!

How exciting for you!

Lynanne said...

Don't feel bad - teething is such a hard thing to figure out. I've been thinking my daughters cheeks were chunkier than usual because her grandparents fed her too much while she was staying with them. Yesterday she was cranky all day and I couldn't figure out the problem. It wasn't until the evening that I put two and two together and realized her cheeks were swollen from her molars coming in!

I'm with you on needing sunlight. I never feel right after a few days of gloominess. Especially in the winter when the days are so short anyway.

Oh, and I love to mend and sew! There is such a good feeling to being able to mend a seam that has come out instead of throwing the perfectly good item away.

Suzanne said...

Hey, do you want to do mending on our clothes??? Do you take Discovercard? :D Have fun with your new machine!

Rachelle said...

Enjoy the sewing monster. That has not yet been found at my house!

Sketchy said...

If you get really desperate I have a pile of clothes draped over my sewing machine I could send you...I'm just that kind of good friend.