Thursday, January 25, 2007

Broken Toilets

A few months ago, my mom was having some pretty serious flooding problems with a few of her toilets (yeah, she has 5...SO jealous!) Anyway, when she had a plumber come and look at it, he told her that the valve (or something) was too small, and she needed to replace ALL of her toilets. Not liking the flooding, she had all of them replaced...costing her and my dad BIG bucks! So, now these new toilets work fine, until you flush too hard, and pull the chain off of the valve thingy in the tank. (I'm not a plumber...I don't know the technical terms...) and it seems that EVERY TIME someone breaks the chain off, it's Cameron. Yes, my small six-year-old son is breaking my mom's toilets. When this thing happens to him, he immediately comes to me and says something to the effect that the toilet won't flush, mama, will you come fix it. I'll get up and go to fix the problem, not cursing, but not thrilled that I have to take the back off of the toilet and plunge my hand into that cold water to fix the problem. Yesterday, alone, I had to fix the two main toilets. UGH!
Today I was over at her house again, Steve dropped me off on his way to work, and I was goofing off on her computer when Cameron, smelling like a whole canister of sprayed Febreeze air effects, came to me saying, "Mama, I broke the flusher, again."
I kinda giggled and said, "Again?" exaggerating, making a funny face at the boy.
He turned to me and said, "Yeah, the toilets don't like me!"

8 comments:

One Scrappy Gal said...

:-)

Man... 5 toilets... that's a little slice of heaven!

Rachelle said...

LOL! What a cutie. But 5 toilets seriously? What a dream!

Anonymous said...

HAHA! how fun for you to lpunge into the icy, (clean but still questionablem and not at all desirable) toilet tank water so many times in one day! Lucky you!
This post reminds me of a dream that I had the other day...I was at a neighbors house and I discovered that you and your parents and siblings were all living in their one room basement apartment, and you all had to take turns sleeping on the couch (which happened to be the same color as my ugly green couch)...haha...so far from the truth of where your parents live!

Anne/kq said...

So cute!

I am also exceedingly jealous of 5 toilets.

Heck, I'm jealous of 2 toilets!

Anonymous said...

Our old apartment had a toilet tank with a chain that kept coming off. We got our manager to replace it with a pulley system that uses a stick instead of a chain. No more tank diving!

Suzanne said...

I'm actually not jealous of the 5 toilets! I have a hard enough time keeping two clean, thank you very much! Why is it when kids break things, it's often gross to fix it??? Happy flushing! :)

CareBearMommy said...

I agree with Suzanne... Five toilets would be a pain in the butt to clean. I'm happy with my 2 porcelain throwns. In almost EVERY STINKIN' PLACE we've lived, we've had that exact problem with our potties. We finally replaced the chain in our master bath pooper where we live now, but we still have to jiggle the handle after flushing to make sure the clapper goes down all the way (sad that I actually know the name to that toilet part!). Kelly and I have plunged our hands into the icy waters on many occasions. YUCK!

Sketchy said...

Maybe your mom could loan me one of her bathrooms, I would promise to keep my boys out of it and nothing would get broken...

Poor Cam - not the normal thing to break is it? But then again, I've lost track how many times we've replaced those chainy thingies...hmmm wonder which boy did it?