Friday, October 27, 2006

True Treasures: Family and Friends

My mom came back from visiting my grandparents and carried with her a treasure trove of information, pictures and family history! My grandparents have recently moved and have carried a LOT of stuff with them that they didn't know was there! So my step-grandma, going through the stuff came across this folder overflowing with old newspaper clippings of obituaries, funeral programs, and a few life sketches and some amazing family pictures!
I had to turn off the television and just look through all of the papers! I am SO excited for all of this stuff! I'm not a HUGE family history buff, but it does interest me and I do love putting the names together in an organized way! Now I just have to start scanning the pictures and things! OOOHHH!! I'm SO excited!
And tomorrow I'm going to a reunion that I never really thought would be happening. It's a ward reunion for my college ward. How cool is that? We're meeting tomorrow night at my old bishop's house! I'm excited to see everyone and a little nervous about seeing my former crush! (I know I shouldn't worry about it, but I did like the guy for nearly a year...with NO returning attractions, mind you!) The really interesting thing about this reunion will be who I'm taking with me. I'm taking one of my friends who I had a HUGE falling out with until the beginning of this year! We'd been out of touch with one another for at least 6 years. Now we're friends again, just like nothing had happened! It'll be interesting to see who notices that we're friends again, but then, who really cares. It should be a fun night all around!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, the family history stuff and the reunion. I wish that the singles ward I attended would do a reunion. I made a lot of great friends, but haven't been so great about keeping in touch. Good luck seeing the old crush.

nikko said...

Yay for Family History!! Sounds really exciting.

Have fun at your reunion. Can't wait to hear about it.

WV: umjobby --> sounds like a word I would make up... ;o)

CareBearMommy said...

I'm glad you had such a fun time going through that family history stuff. What a treat for you.

Have fun at your reunion thingy tomorrow. That's awesome that your college ward is having one. I didn't know college wards did that sort of thing. And I think I remember you telling me about that old crush... haha! You'll have to let me know if you see him or not.

Speaking of old crushes, I will never forget the one you had through most of high school. HE's such a jerk.

Dawnyel said...

Amanda: Yeah, I didn't know singles wards had them either!! :)

Nikko: I LOVE that word...maybe I'll use it sometime this weekend! :P

Carrie: (Yeah, I did it again, but I haven't gotten those papers yet, so I figure it's fair game!) I should be seeing that college crush...he's the ONE putting the thing together...the one who sent out the invites via email, called the old bishop, set it ALL up! Yeah, he'll be there! (I told you I saw that guy from high school, right?? Weird!)

Lisa M. said...

Oh neat. Very neat. I am a HUGE family history buff.

I hope you enjoy your reunion!

Melzie said...

FUN!! Have a great time!!

Mel said...

Oh, I would love to go to a reunion like that! Can't wait to hear about it.

Anne/kq said...

I love family stuff.

My aunt has promised we'll take some time and go through all the pictures she has (back to my great-great-great grandparents!) and she will tell me all the stories and things that go with them.

Have fun at your reunion.

Suzanne said...

Isn't family history great!?! I didn't really care much about it when I was a kid, but now that I'm an adult, I can't get enough of it!

Have fun at your reunion. I wish my old college ward would do something like that. It's always a little awkward seeing old crushes/boyfriends, but I guess that's just a part of life. Good luck! :)