Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Thank you!

For those of you who responded to my last post, thank you for all of your kind words and support! After I wrote that post I quickly forgot about what had been bothering me. (The power of venting to the world...) And today while rearranging my living room I got a surprise call from a dear friend. She told me she had just read my post and wanted to know how I was doing. My response? "Uh, what did I write about!?" So I guess not only am I suffering from being overly sensitive, but from amnesia as well! Luckily this phone call was JUST the thing I needed! We talked for nearly 4 hours! (Did you realize this? I didn't until I got off the phone, and looked to see what time you had called! WHOA!) We talked about anything and everything. It was nice to just gab and get things off my chest! I even planned a fun surprise for later on this year! I'm so excited for it! :)
I'm actually getting geared up for Cameron's birthday tomorrow. I can't believe my baby will be 6! It doesn't seem like I should be old enough to have a child that age! It just blows my mind! I will be doing my normal babysitting stuff tomorrow (watching ALL 3 kids) plus Cam has tomorrow off from school. I'll be making his birthday cake tonight and not much else. Since we have our big purchase of pictures, we don't have much extra money for a birthday party, special dinner, or anything like that. We'll be spending the evening with family, and maybe eating pizza. I do have a fun plan for jumping on his bed early in the morning to wish him a happy birthday, but other than that, it will be a fairly normal day! (Poor kid!)

7 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed our conversation.... I sure did. I love how our topics just wander aimlessly. ANYwho, I did want to clarify ONE thing. We spoke for almost three hours, not four. When I hung up the phone, it said that our talk time was like 160 minutes. So, that would be like 2 hours and 40 minutes. I'm sure it wouldn't have taken much effort to make it four hours, though. When I got off the phone with you, I felt amazingly inspired to do a bunch of cleaning myself. After making cookies, I cleaned for like three hours. (My kitchen is VERY clean now!) Blabbing was just the uplift that I needed to get my lazy butt moving. So, thank YOU!

Anonymous said...

A break with a good friend is the perfect solution! Glad things are righter in the world this morning!

Mall Worker said...

A phone call from a good friend always seems to fix the problem!

Rachelle said...

Happy Birthday to Cam tomorrow! I love birthdays for kids! Glad you are feeling better about this! I am overly sensitive too.

Mama D said...

Your welcome! Happy birthday to Cam. I am sure he'll have a great day!

Anonymous said...

man girl...I now wish that I had the stamina to check my favorite blogs every day! I am sorry that you had such a crumby day the other day! I am totally with you on the Venting to the world makes things better issue. Sometimes I write vent blogs that I save as drafts and never get around to posting...but just the writing things down helps to relieve frustrations!
I am jaelous! I wish I had been in on a fun multi-hour converstaion with the two of you!
Enjoy Cams big day!

Melzie said...

I'd have called you- but I'm late in reading posts again. LOL! :) But I'm glad today seems to be better! I love when friends call and you can talk, and be off in friend-land for a while. Makes the day wonderful!

As for teh birthday- I think his birthday sounds lovely! Make him feel loved, and spoil him extra with hugs, and kisses and commotion and all will be wonderful for the birthday boy!