Saturday, September 16, 2006

Hopping

Things are hopping here!
Yesterday I got paid from the two families I babysit for...and so we immediately cashed in the checks and did something we've been waiting several months to do...we picked up my husband's new wedding band.
Years ago, (nearly 7 to be exact) I bought my husband a respectable wedding band. Nothing fancy, just a yellow gold band. He was okay with it, but after a few months confided in me that he wanted diamonds too. UGH! Why didn't he tell me sooner? So for years we'd go looking in jewelry stores searching for his "dream ring."
Finally a few months ago, while we were getting my ring inspected to keep up on the warranty, we found THE ring. It was white gold, kind of a two-tone thing, with 5 little diamonds in the center. He just kept staring at it through the glass. I saw the sadness in his eyes as he thought about how, soon, someone else would snatch up that ring. I asked the sales person to pull out the ring for a closer look. Steve pulled it close to his eyes and admired the ring. I watched as he reverently put it on his finger and find to his amazement that it was a PERFECT fit. Well, that just clinched it for me...we had to get that ring. We didn't have much money, but I knew we'd have to get it! We ended up putting it on layaway and walking from that store with a little bit of a skip in our step.
And then yesterday, he officially got it! He was so excited when I told him earlier this week that when I got paid I was going to get the ring out of layaway. (His eyes sparkled like they hadn't in a while!) Once I got the second check he was all ready to head out! He was like a little kid on his birthday...ready to get his present!
When he put it on his finger it looked AMAZING! Like, before, I'd look at his finger with the ring on it and think, "That means he's mine...right?" Now, I see that NEW ring and KNOW!! It's the ring I SHOULD have bought for him when we got married, but now that we have it....I'm just so happy!
The other thing that has been keeping us busy is getting our pictures taken today. Lately the weather forecasts have been predicting rain (snow for those in the mountains.) We panicked and bought a cute umbrella, just in case.
Bright and early this morning we got primped and ready to go and we went on our drive. I wanted outdoor pictures...non-traditional and fun. I had scheduled to get our pictures taken at a local university garden.
We went there and the flowers were still blooming! I was so excited! The only problem with the whole thing? It wasn't raining, but the wind and temperature put us at a photo shoot in 37 degree weather! UGH! Poor Cam! He had a blue face, and purple hands...his nose was way runny too! The photographer was great and snapped picture after picture...trying his best to hurry so we could go back to the studio where it was warm!
We got TONS of cute pictures that I'm really excited to look through and pick out. I'm just worried now about the price of the whole thing....but we'll manage!
Like I said...we've been hopping! Now I'm hopping off to talk to my mom...I haven't talked with her decently ALL week! I so need to catch up!

5 comments:

Melzie said...

You know... I would take pictures for you guys- but umm.. distance is the key. ;) Find someone who will do that (take pictures on a DC, and put them on a cd)for you-- someone who can snap pictures and just have fun with it. Cropping is a cinch- and then you don't have to shell out ooooodles of $$$$. You print what you want- and as you have extra, you print more. As for teh ring-- FAB!!!! :)

Millie said...

I need to see a picture of you guys and hubby's new ring. :)

Mama D said...

Yep. We must see this ring.

I wanted Peter's ring to match mine so I had to have it specially made and it was expensive. And there weren't even any diamonds!

Mel said...

How nice of you to do that for your DH!

Kristine said...

I am anxious to see those pictures...but 37 degrees?? Holy cow, girl...I'm glad you guys all didn't freeze!

And what a special thing to give your husband...the ring of his dreams.....

(Trying to keep "MY PRECIOUS" in Smegiel-tone from entering into my thoughts!)