Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Things that Make Me Smile...Part 2

I think I've been EXTREMELY negative lately! (Sometimes I don't even want to be me!) Things have gotten much better, but I still feel a little like a downer. While I was driving down the road today I was thinking about all of the things I've been doing lately, suddenly a song came on the radio that made me sit up a little straighter and brought a smile to my face. The song? "With or Without You" by N'Sync. That song just brought me out of the gloom that has been following me around for a while. It reminds me of happier, more carefree times. It just made me happy. So, in honor of being happier I'm going to make a list of things that make me smile...part two.
  • Singing a happy upbeat song! (like I described before!)
  • Being around happy people. My parents fed the missionaries tonight and they were SO cute and bubbly! They just made me laugh!
  • Cuddling with a sleeping baby...and managing to nap! (totally did that today!)
  • Blowing HUGE bubbles with bubble gum.
  • Getting a phone call or random email from a friend whom I haven't seen or heard from for a while. (hint...hint...)
  • Eating FRESH cucumbers from a garden!! YUMMO!!
  • Noticing the leaves on the trees turn from bright green to yellows, oranges, or browns. I absolutely LOVE everything about autumn-time! The fresh smell of the air...the coolness of the evenings...the new school year...
  • Getting a blessing that is needed! (did that last week!)
  • Going to the Temple.
  • Watching a good movie...(for Family Home Evening last night we went to the temple visitor's center and watched the new Joseph Smith movie...LOVED it!)
  • Cuddling under a blankie on my couch watching indulgent shows! (I watched ER this morning...all by myself...well, except for baby J, but he was sleeping the whole time so he didn't count!)
  • Remembering the funny things I did as a teenager. I was following close behind a potato truck the other day and totally reminisced about the time I went to a dance (girls' choice) and we rode "in style." My friend had her uncle drive us in the back of his potato truck. We had a couch and just laughed and had a FUN time!
  • Reading uplifting blogs! (There are SO many and I know that I'm guaranteed a smile when I read certain ones!)
  • And I can't forget getting a haircut when it's desperately needed! I so LOVE my new 'do! (Again...I haven't got the pics yet...I've actually slobbered all over my shirt and don't really want you to see me THAT way!)

What things make you happy? Let me know! I'm determined to have a good week! No more poo-pooing my life...I have a great life, and it's time I appreciated it MORE!

8 comments:

Mall Worker said...

Sunggling with a sleeping baby is just too sweet, just thinking about it makes me smile!

Blackeyedsue said...

Awww, Dawnyel, you made me get all nostalgic with your story about the potato truck. The first time I "made out" with a guy was on a headstone. Those silly memories make me smile.

CareBearMommy said...

I was gonna call you yesterday. Seriously, I've been thinking about doing so for a while. So, you may just get a "sort-of-surprise" phone call sometime this week, and we can blab and gab about nothing and everything. That would be fun.

I'm glad that you are finding things to cheer you up. Good for you!

Mel said...

I too love the changing colors of autumn. Also, it makes me smile when flowers come back from seed, when my boys play quietly together, the smell of fresh cut grass, hugs & kisses from my kids. Much to be thankful for. Thanks for sharing your list.

Melzie said...

Reading great quotes, staying up late scrapping, eating pistachio ice cream, walking barefoot in soft grass, a day with no bills in teh mail

Kristine said...

Some things that make me happy:
*Hearing my kids laugh
*Giving service
*Making cards
*Baking something to share
*Taking a walk by myself
*Snuggling a newborn
*Chatting with a friend on the phone
*Having "me" time
It's good to remember these things!
Thanks for your happy post!

Mama D said...

Cuddling babies is good. Watching good t.v. with my husband. That is also, very good.

Millie said...

I like comments on my blog, finding out I've lost another pound, tennis, laughing with my friends or family, and being with the sisters in my ward. These are a few of my favorite things! :)