Tuesday, August 15, 2006

How I Cheer Up

Thoroughly Mormon Millie has a fun game that asks us a Quick question...usually with fun results...today’s was MEANT FOR ME!!

It was: What makes you happy when you're sad or upset? I figured we all get upset, and seeing what others do MAY help us find what works for us. So I’m sharing again here! :)

Here’s my Response:

This must be MEANT for me...I've been such a crabby-butt lately!
Here's what I do:

1. Whine to my mom...if she's not involved in the situation.

2. Eat something chocolaty!! Chocolate is my cure-all!

3. Write about it...either in blog form, or email...sometimes I actually use a REAL journal!! (go figure!)

4. Cry...usually when I'm alone and can have a good air-gulping session...works like a charm!

5. Watch one of my old stand-bys: French Kiss (why it makes me happy? I don't know!), Looney Tunes, Head Over Heels...the good stuff that makes me laugh my guts out!

6. Clean, or straighten things up.

7. Surf my favorite websites.

8. Listen to my favorite types of music...Tim McGraw or Church songs!

9. Pray. If none of the above work I get down on my knees and pray like there's no tomorrow!

Now it's your turn, what cheers you up!? Go ahead and share, then go and play TMM's game! :)

6 comments:

Lynanne said...

MMmmm chocolate! It solves anything. Or almost anything..sometimes you need a LOT of chocolate. Even so much that you get a belly ache and then what upset you to begin with doesnt seem quite so significant.

Millie said...

What a sweetie you are! :) Thanks for the link. It's been fun to read what other people to "get happy."

LOL at "what upset you to begin with doesn't seem quite so significant"... oh the many problems chocolate solves!

Blackeyedsue said...

I love your list! Chocolate...I concur.

Anonymous said...

What makes me feel better?

Cocoa. Snuggling with my husband. Playing string with kittens. Good 80s music. Watching the sun set on a summer evening. Talking to friends. Spontaneous hugs from my baby boy. Cleaning my house (is like cleaning my head). Accomplishing something and crossing it off my to-do list. Going for a walk/bike ride/swim. Remembering that God and the people closest to me know me and love me. Thwacking things and/or randomly helping people on World of Warcraft. Taking a nap. Finally getting this comment to post after trying to type in the stupid word verification 5 times.

Kim said...

CHOCOLATE!!! That sounds just like you D! I try to listen to some uplifting music, like the stuff from the 80's that I listened to when I was a kid or The Carpenters-which is strang since most of their songs depress the heck out of me. I think they get me thinking that my life isn't all that bad. Also, Ben & Jerry's CHUNKY MONKEY ICE CREAM!!! Yummo!

CareBearMommy said...

I'll go with the chocolate any day. In fact, I'm eating a Hershey's bar right now. Yum. I've tried to explain to my hubby, again and again, the soothing effects that chocolate has on women. He just doesn't get it. BTW... I hope you're cheered up now.