Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Getting Things Done

I'm so excited!! I've been getting things done all day today. I didn't have to babysit (my rare day off...) so I did all of those things I've been neglecting lately. I called the geneticists to make an appointment for Cam for next month, called my service coordinator (so I can get my reimbursement this time), decluttered my kitchen white board, folded AND put away my laundry, got paperwork from the school, turned it in to the people who need to fill it out, took Cam to therapy, paid some bills, found out when my doctor's appointment was for the week, and got school clothes shopping done. I'm officially done! I probably won't be this busy again for a LONG time!
Cam has to see the
geneticists in Salt Lake every year now because he was diagnosed last year with NeuroFibromatosis. His form of it is very mild. He has no tumors, but he has multiple cafe au lait spots. I see more of them everytime he takes a bath. I'm going to be asking them if it's cause for concern or not and he'll also be having his eyes checked by their opthamologist. They only have genetic clinics on Tuesdays, so he'll be getting out of school for a day. I'm not sure if he's up for that or not, but it doesn't REALLY matter...he's going to be missing school whether he likes it or not!
We're also on our way to getting the boy his in-class aide. I'm so excited for that. I definitely think he'll benefit from having an aide!!
And on one more quick note...my bestest friend in the whole wide world has now joined blogger. I'm so excited! I can't hardly keep it in! She lives far enough away, that I don't get to hear from her that often, but now I'll be able to peek in on her life whenever she updates!! So go visit Kim at luvin-the-world-lambiestyle!!! (Can you tell I'm excited?!)
Oh, and for those of you who were wondering, I'm much cheered up now! :)

8 comments:

Melzie said...

Look at you girl! So many things done! Well, I read yoru last post- and I made a private list. Included a promise to myself to make weight loss and healthy lifestyle a constant in my life. SO I ran off to water aerobics. ;)

I'm glad you are cheered- I am as well. I must run over to yoru friend- and then look to see what those spots are. They sound familiar- but I can't place what exactly they are.

CareBearMommy said...

Whew.. you had a busy day. This blog entry reminds me of the out-of-breath ones you used to always do a few months back... ANYhoo, I'm glad you're all cheered up now. When I saw Kim's comment on your last post, I went and checked out her blog. That's cool that she has joined the wonderful, if not sometimes frustrating, world of Blogger.

Mall Worker said...

I'm so happy that you are cheered up now! That sounds like you had a very busy day but got so much done!

Mel said...

Wow, you were really productive today! Good luck at the genetics clinic!

Blackeyedsue said...

I am so proud of you. Look at your list of accomplishments! You go girl!

I am glad Cams form of NF is mild. One of my aunts best friends in Idaho has the severe form where tumors form all over inside and outside of her body. She goes through a lot because of it.

Pretty soon you will have one less kid during part of the day. What will you do with yourself.

Kristine said...

Congratulations on getting so much done, and good luck with the school year ahead!

Kim said...

D-You are way more productive than I was today, although I did force myself to go grocery shopping last night and run to Wally World this morning. My trip up to my classroom has yet to occur however. I am really being bad about the whole back-to-school thing. I know next week will be much better, but right now I'm just sort of depressed about the whole thing. So what do you think about Friday night barbeque? I will call you when I get into town. Luvs!

Lynanne said...

You are a supermom!

Good luck on getting the aide! We had quite a battle to get one for our son (he's autistic). They finally agreed that he could have one just for one year. The difference it made was so dramatic that now they don't want to take the aide away!