Thursday, July 06, 2006

Spending My Free Time Wisely

I'm missing my bygone posting days!! Lately, just to keep up with all of you, I have to read and enjoy your blogs during the wee hours of the morning. I'm back to my regular babysitting schedule, where I babysit from 9 in the morning until 3 or 4 in the afternoon. After that I'm usually off to my mom's house to escape the heat, and help her with finalizing of the family reunion stuff. (Like today, we cut old jeans into quilting squares for a raffle item that we're making.) It's sad, but true!
Is anyone out there watching the shows I'm loving right now? I know it's the middle of re-run-summer, but I'm LOVING all the catching up I'm getting with Family Guy and the new NBC show, America's Got Talent. (Couldn't the writers at LEAST find one of those "talented" people to give the show a proper name?!) How could this spin-off of American Idol (and those other idol shows) get me laughing as much as I have been? This show has the same type of judges that Idol did, only in different forms: Piers...Something (the snotty British guy who doesn't like ANYONE), Brandy (the pop diva-turned reality-show judge), and David Hasselhoff (okay, so he's NOTHING like Randy Jackson, but he's fun to watch crack up at the ridiculous "talents" anyway!) The first time I saw the previews for this show I was NOT impressed. I did not want to watch, but after finding NOTHING on television one night, I watched a few of the "talents" and was slightly amused. Then I went to my parent's house the next day...they had recorded parts of the previous nights try-outs. The guy that got me hooked was a ventriloquist. Piers, of course, buzzed him the first few seconds into his skit, then the real funny stuff came out! The guy showed what it would be like to watch those cheesy Japanese voice-dubbed shows live. His mouth moved DIFFERENT from the words he was saying...his throat wasn't even moving...the funniest, most amazing thing I've seen in a LONG time! SO funny! It's amazing the things people will do to get on tv!!
On a final note: Does anyone have some helpful advice when it comes to training 3 kids to nap on command? Anyone? Okay, I thought it was worth a shot. I'll try and come up with my own methods...updates to come!

5 comments:

Mall Worker said...

I love Family Guy! I'm also catching up with it in the re-run season!

I have to tricks to get 3 kids to nap on command that doesn't include some sort of mind control!!!

Millie said...

All I can think of for the napping kids is bribes. Find some way to bribe them.

I have barely gotten into American Idol, let alone the cheap knock-offs... I miss my Arrested Development something fierce and TV just doesn't hold the same charm. If I may whine for a sec. :)

CareBearMommy said...

America's got Talent is a pretty good show. Did you watch it last night? I watched some of the rerun show, plus the new one. Some of those acts are just too dang hilarious.. (ie, "Birdcall" lady, "Angel" boy with the knives, that "Magnificent" dude with the blowup doll, etc...). There were also some really good acts.... I liked the flexible archery lady, along with the dude who caught the flaming bowling ball on his head. ANYway, there are so few summer shows I watch, but this is definitely one of 'em.

I don't have any napping tips. Sorry! Jasmine rarely ever takes a nap. Luckily, Tyler is still young enough to where he loves his naps, and he's easy to put down. I just make sure Jasmine is quiet and stays out of the bedroom while he is sleeping.

By the way, my hubby loves Family Guy. Personally, I think that's a FILTHY show! >:)

Blackeyedsue said...

Okay, more of the closet rebel in me coming out...I am LOVING South Park right now. Shhhh...Don't tell my mom!

I haven't gotten into American Idol, LOST just took presidence.

Mama D said...

I've watched a few of the AGT shows. It's entertaining but I'm not hooked. What I am hooked on however is 'So you think you can Dance'. Love, love, LOVE that show. Then again as a child my ambition was to grow up to be a Solid Gold Dancer.

We've also been watching Canadian Idol. I decided if I watched the American version I should watch our version as well. I'm actually getting into it and last week we even voted!