Thursday, July 06, 2006

Recipe for Disaster

Here's a new recipe I found the hard way today...I hope it makes everyone else feel that they're not alone when it comes to struggles! :)

*******************

How to make a Crazy Lady:
For best results, start with an early morning after a long night.
Add 1 part cranky son.
Sprinkle a pinch of boredom.
Stir in 2 younger children.
Let run around the living room for an hour, cover and let simmer for the next hour.
Completely REMOVE any formula for month old infant.
Add incessant screaming on said infant's part.
Watch as cranky son swats sleeping girl on the forehead, waking her from her 10 minute nap.
Find that cranky son has found secret stash of Peanut butter Kisses...to which the now awake girl is SEVERELY allergic to.
Allow screaming children to continue screaming while trying to think of a solution to the formula problem.
Stir up lady to a crazed frenzy....and VOILA....crazy lady!!


*************************

Thankfully, my husband was home and was able to run to the store to buy a can of formula. I don't think he enjoyed the crazy lady waking him from his sleep, but he was HEAVEN sent! He really did help me to calm down....a bit! Now, we're keeping a can of formula at our house, just in case this happens again!

6 comments:

Millie said...

What happened to the mom that was supposed to bring over the can of formula with the baby????

I hear you about baby-sitting... now that we're in the apartment, I don't get many requests for it, but when we lived in the house... gack. Can't stand it.

Blackeyedsue said...

Okay, I would be on the short side of crazy too. We had that happen once when I was tending my neice. Her mom didn't put anymore bottle liners or formula in the bag (two separate occasions) and it was LOADS of fun trying to deal with that.

I hope tomorrow is better.

Mall Worker said...

Oh my, now that is a recipie for disaster! I feel stressed for you just reading it!

My hats off to you for being able to deal with 2 kids plus an infant like that! They would have to ship me off to the loony bin!

Mama D said...

Oh dear. I think that's all I can say. Hope you're feeling better and less crazy now...

CareBearMommy said...

Man! You should chew out the baby's mom for forgetting the formula. It's a good thing your hubby was home so he could run to the store for you.... you shouldn't have to pay for the formula, though. Anyway, I hope today goes better for you, and that you don't have to whip up any more crazy lady recipes for a while. Have a nice day!

Dawnyel said...

Just a quick correction...
The oopsie came from the daddy. He ships them off to me in the mornings, and the mom picks them up in the afternoons. So it was scatter-brained daddy's fault! (And he feels so bad about it!)
And no, we don't have to suffer any losses monetarily over this can of formula...they're paying us back...on pay-day!