Thursday, July 13, 2006

Someone Call the WAAAAmbulance for Me

Today completely STUNK!! It didn't help that I was completely exhausted before everything happened! Here's my whine:
Last night Steve decided it would be fun to go to the Drive In to see two movies that we REALLY wanted to see, and, stupidly, I agreed. So we went to watch "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Cars." Now, someone had told me that "Cars" was going to be played first since it's the lesser rating, and that way the kids going to see it could before they all conked out for the second movie....well, that was a wrong assessment. They played the very long "Pirates" movie FIRST! So, once it started we told Cam to lay down in the back seat and sleep, then we'd wake him up for "Cars." The movie was good, although I missed a couple of parts for some food and a desperately needed potty break. I totally was unimpressed with the ending....GRRRR!! Anyway, as the second movie was starting it was 12:30, and I knew that I had to babysit in the morning, so I attempted to snooze for a few minutes here and there. (Didn't really help me much!) ANYWAY, to make this random story short...we ended up getting home from the movies at 3:00!! YUCK!
I had to be up BEFORE 8:00 to be ready for the kidlets that I babysit. SO I woke up at 7:30. I got dressed, ate breakfast, and cleaned up our mess from the night before. As soon as I was finished with that the kids arrived. The baby was okay for a while, but soon was starving, so I fed him, then put him (sleeping) back into his car seat. Then I held little L down on my lap for a nice nap. She was just about to sleep when Cameron decided to make an appearance. He was WIDE awake and extremely NOISY! I finally got them calmed down when the phone rang. Someone wanted some information that I keep in my kitchen. Well, when L and E are at my house I lay my kitchen chair on it's side blocking entrance into the kitchen, so in order to get in there I have to high step over it and into the kitchen. E was awake again and in my arms, so I tried to gracefully step over the chair, I lost my footing, and nearly fell. I kinda squooshed E a bit and really made him cry. I gave the lady the information that she wanted, and then I was back to soothing the kids.
Soon after that call, I was taking a quick potty break (how do mothers of many kids go to the bathroom?? I hope I get the hang of that quickly!) and Cam came crying to the bathroom door. I asked him what was wrong and he told me that he had a piece of cold cereal stuck up his nose. ACK! It's not the first time he's done this, but it's the first time I was completely on my own with multiple kids when he's done this. I remember the last time that after a while his boogers softened the crunchy cereal (I know, gross image) so I went in search of my bulb syringe to suck it out of his nose. Do you think I could find it?? NO!! So I pulled out a regular syringe that I use for medicine and sucked it out. Not a fun thing to do with a little kid crying that he can't breathe and another kid running around the house screaming!!
After a while I had to wake my hubby up for work (he got to sleep in!) I sent Cam upstairs to wake him and I tried to wrestle a cranky L to a sitting position. My hubby came down, kissed us good bye and then went out the door, he stopped and called Cam over to him. He handed him the mail and sent him to give it to me. There was a letter we had been expecting for MONTHS and I was hopeful everything was going to be okay. After I opened the letter I was devastated....we were COMPLETELY denied! On top of that, at that moment I was changing a poopy baby who had a bit of diaper rash, so he was screaming, and the other two were in the middle of a fight. I called my hubby to tell him the bad news and he was upset too, but as I was talking my sleeplessness, emotional state got the best of me...I BAWLED! I whined to him, and he tried over the phone to comfort me, telling me that everything would be okay, and that I should call the people and see what exactly was going on. I was so upset and weepy that I told him that I was in NO state to do that. I let him go, and tried to get a hold of myself. Cam sensed that I needed a squeeze and gave me one of the best hugs I'd had in a while, and I tried to calm down.
After a quick lunch, I turned on cartoons and sat down with L and Cam on my lap. I managed to get L to sleep, and I laid her down on a pillow, then I held Cam and he and I fell asleep. As we were sleeping, I heard weird noises around me. Little L had woken up and was creating messes everywhere she went. I was very cranky at this time, so I yelled at her to sit down and go back to sleep. This only caused her to look at me with those puppy-dog eyes, pouty lips and whine. So I got up and grabbed her, and she stunk! Yup...she had woken up to go potty. UGH! I cleaned her up, and then I had to get Cam ready for therapy. The poor kid was wiped out and didn't want to move. But he got off all right.
Soon after that my friend came and got her kids, and I thought I would be able to sleep...nope! My body was AWAKE!! Now, here I am, with a major headache, and ready to cry AGAIN! I certainly hope that this emotional state is temporary...maybe I'll regain my senses after a GOOD nights sleep tonight!

4 comments:

Mall Worker said...

Oh my, that sounds like quite an ordeal! My hats seriously off to you, I could not handel watching three kids like that! I can barely watch a my two year old niece and my little guy with out going crazy!

I agree with you, they should have shown cars first! I heard that pirates movie was very long! I love going to the drive in, but I hate not getting back until 3 am!

I hope sleep helps!

CareBearMommy said...

So, what's the number to the WAAAmbulance? I'll give it a call for you. It sure sounds like you had an awful day. For me, any time I don't get much sleep, stuff can really pile up and seem ten times worse than it actually is. I'm sorry to hear about your letter. I'm curious as to what it was for, but if you don't want the whole world to know, maybe I'll just ask you about it the next time we chat. I really do hope tomorrow goes better for you... do you even babysit tomorrow? ANYway, try to get a good night's sleep tonight.

Anonymous said...

WOW girl...sounds rough...just think...Carrie will soon ne in the three kid crazy world that you are in...and others do it...I suppose what I am trying to say is that there is solace in knowing that you are not alone!
I sure hope that tomorrow goes better for you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.