Saturday, July 29, 2006

It's Finished...Can I Nap Now?

The one reunion is over with. And I am wiped out!
We started by gathering things last night, and making sure we had everything. I didn't end up leaving my parents' house until 11:30. Needless to say, Cam was whining to be taken home, because he was tired. (He RARELY does that...so you know that he was needing to sleep!) I got home and ended up getting worked up into a tizzy and called my husband at work like 2,000 times. He came home and we "discussed" the situation until 3:30! When all was worked out, we slept until 8:00. (I'm tired...did I mention that!?)
We got to the park for the reunion at 9:00 and started setting things up. Once we got it settled, people began arriving. We liked how they had the families "divided" last year. Each family wore a certain color. (We were given black....in the summer???...ICK! But we decided as a family to make it black and white camouflage...fits with our family more!) So we assigned the same colors this year. Some showed up in the right colors, but others did not, but it didn't matter. What we did find though, was that each family kept to their own groups. I did get to chat once in a while with other family members, but not very much...because I was with the group who was in charge.
My uncle did an AMAZING job keeping the little kids occupied, while the big ones (the adults) played their own games. I don't think I saw Cam more than 5 times the whole day. He was thoroughly entertained! They had set up wading pools, had water balloons, and had a water slide thingy set up, and Cam was wet from the INSTANT that water was in those pools. The boy came to me while we were playing card-bingo shivering with blue lips. I asked him if he wanted a towel to dry off with, and he said, "No! (chatter chatter chatter)" I wrapped him up in the towel anyway!
We had fun. I even won a game of bingo...I ended up with some really cool flashlights that don't need batteries or lightbulbs! Then we had the auction. My poor tile pictures went for a pittance! I guess I really shouldn't feel bad, but sometimes people just don't realize the work it takes to make them. I'm still kicking myself for letting a copy of my great-grandparents' wedding license get away from me, but what can you do? Anyway, we raised a lot of moolah for next year, and the big item of the day was the quilt! The can with raffle tickets for the quilt was STUFFED to the brim! They opened up the can to pull out the winner, and TONS of tickets fell out. Steve was helping to pick up the tickets and the first one he pulled out of the pile on the ground was MINE! (It should have counted....) But someone else got the quilt...even after my mom put in $75 worth of tickets. The winner stood up and SQUEALED! I think she was glad she had won! It's so pretty!
All in all we had a good day! Now, I wait for my mother's family reunion. I'm not in charge of that one, so I can relax now! YAY!!

2 comments:

Mama D said...

Sounds like a crazy fun time. I love that picture of you and Steve. You both look so great and HAPPY! Nice!

And yes, you can nap now.

Mall Worker said...

Sounds very hectic and very fun! I'm glad that Cam had a great time! I love that picture of you and Steve!