Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Oh, What Do You Do in the Summertime?

I am really excited. The next few weeks we're actually doing things that are SUMMER related! YAY!
On Friday we're going on a "family" reunion to Utah. It's actually a new thing we started last year for my siblings and parents. We're going to hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's concert on Friday and then we're spending the next day at Lagoon! We're doing some last minute planning and then we're off to have fun! Steve and I are HOPING to squeeze in a session at the Salt Lake Temple EARLY on Saturday. We're planning on like a 6 AM session. Neither one of us have ever been in that temple, so we're both really excited! I even did a session at my own temple today, just to have a recent experience to compare! (Actually, I REALLY needed to go and was VERY blessed for going!)
We're supposed to stay at my sister's apartment Saturday night and join her at her ward on Sunday. My sister lives in a basement apartment, and it's TEENY! So my small family (Steve, Cam and me) will be camping out in her backyard in a tent. I'm hoping that it will be WAY cooler outside than it will be in her apartment.
Then next weekend, we've got a larger family reunion planned for Saturday. I was supposed to babysit on that day, but they've worked it out so I won't have to! It's going to be outside and should be lots of fun. We're making a rag quilt that has family info on it and it's just STARTING to come together! It'll be pretty when we're done. I'm going to have to take many pictures of it to show it off to all of you! (Since I don't think we'll win it in the raffle!)
Then the NEXT week we're going camping for my mom's sibling's reunion. She's one of twelve kids, so there should be TONS of people there! I'm really excited to see everyone again!
Then our final summer activity will be my husband's 10 year high school reunion! (Geez...has it been 10 years already?!) He's so excited for it, but I'm not really looking forward to it. I'm not even sure if I want to go to my OWN high school reunion next year. (The only people I want to see are my fellow Neptunians!) We'll see how it goes! :)
So what do you do in the summertime that makes it feel like you're doing something productive? Let me know! Maybe we'll steal your idea and try it next year!
P.S. Blogger, WHY do you hate me?!

8 comments:

Dot Com Mom said...

hi,
I like your blog. It's neat. You have a lovely family.

nice to "meet you"
dot com mom

Mall Worker said...

Sounds like a fun packed summer!

I don't really do anything special in the summers. There's going to the fair, and the beach, thats just about it!

I think we need to spice it up over here, huh? :)

Blackeyedsue said...

Blogger hates everyone.

Your list sounds fun. I think you just need to put going to the pool on you list and you will have a complete summer. When you are in Utah, there are some fun community pools. In Sugarhouse there is the Fairmont park pool, there is the Clearfield aquatic center and the Roy aquatic center. Heck, hit Lagoona beach.

Have tons of fun Dawnyel!

Millie said...

That reunion sounds really, really fun! I'm going to suggest that idea (concert/Lagoon) to Bri's family - his sister lives in SLC. How fun! I've never been in the SLC temple either and have always wanted to.

Millie said...

Also, Brigham City pool is really fun and on your way down to SLC. :)

utmommy said...

Sounds like you have a lot of fun planned. HOpe you enjoy it all!

Mama D said...

Sounds like you won't be around much in the next little while.

We have holidays in a couple of weeks. I have no idea what we are doing. Going to the inlaws and maybe to visit Peter's brother. We'll see. Holidays with baby is a new thing for us...

Melzie said...

Summer activities like those are fun!! :) Have a great one. I skipped my 10 yr reunion, last year-- but the idiots I went to school with had it in the middle of September and in a bar. *sigh* Plus I keep in contact with the 3 people I want to-- everyone else can just wait till year 20. :)