Monday, July 17, 2006

My Little Secret


"Red light stop, green light go, yellow light go very fast." --Starman

Okay, so I admit it...I follow this rule of thumb for driving more than I follow the "driver's ed" rules. Yesterday I was driving along to my mother's house and at one intersection, the light I was about to come to turned yellow, and I floored it. Before I got through the intersection, the light was red, but hey, I made it through quickly, right!? Well, at the same time a guy pulling a fifth wheel trailer decided to cross the street right in front of me, figuring that I'd stop at the light...but apparently he didn't learn my very handy rule....and he was going SLOW! I pulled to a stop so that I wouldn't ram into his trailer and the grumpy old fart was wagging his finger at me and his mouth was moving...so I know he was chewing me out, but lucky for BOTH of us, I didn't hear it.

I know I have some bad habits when it comes to driving, but sheesh! Everyone I know goes fast through yellow lights. Get over it! :)
P.S. Why is this stop light INDOORS?! *hee hee*

7 comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

Hey, I thought THAT was the law! LOL! Isn't that the way everyone drives?

Mall Worker said...

Yes, yellow light means go very fast! Its the law everywhere right?!

CareBearMommy said...

When I moved here, I was given one very important piece of advice concerning traffic: When the light turns green, look both ways before crossing the intersection. I see people running red lights, or speeding through yellows, all the time. Jeesh! Crazy Oregon drivers. I've actually done it myself, though, so I shouldn't complain. The funny thing is... it still irks me when I see OTHER people do it! I'm glad you didn't collide with the ol' fart.

Millie said...

That's funny, I was thinking of that quote not long ago. And I saw the picture and thought, is her little secret that she has a stoplight hanging from her ceiling?

Absolutely I go faster at a yellow light, unless there's a cop around or it's on the cusp (yes I said "cusp") of turning red.

Mama D said...

People who drive fifth wheels always seem to be old, grumpy and drive slowly.

Anonymous said...

LOL One of my favorite movie quotes!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.