Friday, June 23, 2006

Not So Boring...

Okay, so I've decided to spice up my life! I went for a new template. I was getting tired of the old blah, blah, blah...so I'm new...kinda! Anyway, while I was making the changes, I forgot to add my counter. I hate to admit it, but I LOVE my counter...I just gotta see what the numbers are at all times! So I went to a new site and got a brand-spankin' new counter...and guess what! They have a place where I can make up my own polls. Isn't that just exciting? So, I've decided that each month (as long as I remember to do it!) I'm going to have a poll. You can vote as many times as you'd like, but at the end of the month...or whenever I feel the need, I'll post the results. I'm pretty excited about it! :)
Now for a bit of a funny story. Yesterday I got up, and was wandering around my house, eyes half shut...stubbing my toes on things...and Cameron came up to me and begged for a bath. Now, I'm the kind of mom who will let him go a day in between baths...but not more than that. He had a bath the day before, and I wondered why he wanted a bath so badly. I told him that I would just wet his hair down and try to comb it so he looked nice. We went into the bathroom where I got out my tools...water, a washcloth and my brush. All was set, except for one thing....Cam now had a beautiful, new bald spot about the size of an egg. My first reaction to it was, "Oh, no!! He's got some sort of balding disease..." Then I remembered. My husband had gotten down my scissors to cut something and had left them laying on our coffee table. Cam must have gotten a hold of them and decided to give himself a haircut. I asked him if that was what he had done, and he denied it. (My mother's curse...coming out to haunt me!) After asking again, telling him to tell me the truth, he admitted it. I was so mad! I started in on one of my famous lectures about how scissors are NOT for cutting anything he wants and that ONLY mom can cut his hair...(blah, blah, blah) The poor kid felt so guilty! Unfortunately, there is NO way I can cover up his mistake. He did it on his part, so I thought about buzzing all of his hair off and starting over, but if I did that then he'd have a very SHORT spot. I'm still not sure what to do about it. I'm thinking about just leaving it at the length it's at and combing his hair the opposite way, making his part on the opposite side. What should I do?
Update: I've decided NOT to cut the boy's hair right now. I over-reacted to his "bald spot!" It's not even noticable unless I raise his bangs up, it's hidden underneath the length he's got. So for now, there will be no drastic action taken!

6 comments:

Mall Worker said...

Love the new look! I did the same thing cam did when I was 5, but I didn't cut my part, just made my ends really uneven! I think a buzz would be fine, summers are hot, less hair feels better!

CareBearMommy said...

Hahaha. That is so funny. It's about time that something like that happened in your family. Jasmine did that two years ago, and she cut off at LEAST 4 inches on one side of her head. I cried as I cut all of her hair that short to match up with it. Her hair would have been so long by now if that little incident hadn't happened. ANYway, if I were you, I'd just buzz off Cam's hair. He's a boy, it's summer, and it'll grow back in time for school in the fall. Good luck. :)

Blackeyedsue said...

There is seriously some sort of virus going around blogland. I don't want my kids to catch it. If one of them shows up with less hair than they had the day before, I know who to blame! Lol! Seriousy, it would be my fault for being on the computer and not paying attention like I am doing right now.

I LOVE your new look. Where did you get your counter? I have wanted one and never known where to find one.

Thanks Dawnyel!

Dawnyel said...

I got the counter at easy-poll.com/counters I SERIOUSLY have an addiction to them...it's pretty sad. There aren't very many options for the way they look, but HEY! Beggars can't be choosers. :)

Mama D said...

My perspective as a hairstylist is to wait a bit until it grows in a little, then go ahead and cut it shorter. It is a good thing he's a boy!

Diana Mancuso said...

Hey! Love the new template! I'm glad the font is a bit bigger. Makes it easier on the eyes. Man, I've got me some catching up to do...