Thursday, June 22, 2006

Go Mamas!!

It must be that kind of day...I just read a couple of posts and they are standing up for the mommy way of life. Reading them just makes me want to stand up, stick my fist in the air and shout out: "Go Mamas!!" Not necessarily the "burn your bra, woman-power" type chant, but the spit-up on, laundry piled high, living on no sleep, tired mamas I know are out there! Who's to say that being a mother isn't the hardest most rewarding job there is? Who decided that being a working gal was more important than raising well-adjusted, law-abiding, happy children? Whoever it was, WAS NOT a mother! Sure, there are days it feels lousy, we feel like we're taking care of others and not ourselves, but the reward for feeling this way is there. Rewards like, when your child comes to you when they have an owie that only mama can fix. Or when after an exhausting day, you hold your sleeping child in your lap and think how beautiful they look and knowing that they love you, and you love them. The rewards may not seem huge in the world's eyes, but they're there for you to find and savor when you do! For those moments, I say....GO MAMAS!!

4 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

YEEHAW! Let's go burn some bra's together! Okay... so we won't, but I just had to get that out of my system after reading your post. Being a mom is definitely the best job in the world. I don't envy the moms out there who have to work... and I still can't figure out why some just do it cuz they wanna. I'm so grateful that I don't work outside the home.

Millie said...

You'd have to use some major lighter fluid to get my bra going.

Thanks for the linky! And I'm grateful too, that I don't HAVE to work outside the home. I contemplated it just a couple of weeks ago and filled out a couple of applications, but the thought of returning to the work force was so.... wrong, I guess, that it almost gave me HIVES. OK, not quite, but it was a creepy yucky feeling. I know where I should be and that's an awesome feeling to have.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my site...and commenting...love the comments, lol! (Lots of hits, but I think its mainly from family or friends w/o blogs who don't seem to realize I set it up as a form of conversation, lol)

Anyhoo -- I couldn't agree more...there is Nothing better than that moment of real connection with your child...awesome! (Oh and I'm glad you're not requesting a bra burning thing...I need mine! lol)

Melissa said...

Very true, being a sahm is very important to me. Thanks for the post! melissaclee.blogspot.com