Monday, June 05, 2006

My Life Monday

The topic for this week was to take a picture of something (not someone) that has meaning to you and describe why it does. I feel like I'm a complicated person, so I thought and thought about something that could EASILY describe me! (See, I'm not really so complicated!) And the ONLY thing I could think of was these:And these:
And these:
And these:
I couldn't pick just ONE of these to describe me...I had to use them all! I am a very relaxed and laid back person. If I go somewhere I expect to be able to kick up my heels and relax. I try to make my home that way. I like living in a place that feels lived in and comfortable. My home should be my retreat against the world and so I try to make it that way. So for me to totally relax, I wear my slippers. I've heard that most women have shoe fetishes, I have slipper fetishes. If I could wear slippers everywhere I would! (And I often do anyway!) Some people have even come to think of me as being a slipper lady. Comfort and relaxation are my goals, so I try to make my life reflect that!
To read other My Life Mondays you could go to Rachelle's blog (I hope!)

11 comments:

Mama D said...

Love those slippers! I only have one pair right now. I call them my muppet slippers because they look like some monster's feet off the muppet show.

Anonymous said...

I wrote a fab comment earlier...but Blogger was down...it is gone...imagine a really long and funny response here!
Love the slippers

Mall Worker said...

I just love the slippers! I had a crazy pair of duck slippers when I was in the hospital on forced bed rest, they cracked everyone up who saw them on me, or laying around in my room!

Diana Mancuso said...

Those slippers do look awfully comfortable... I always wanted some animal slippers when I was a kid. Now I feel like going out and buying a pair!

Valarie said...

I am so in need of new slippers. You can't find them in the summer, but I like to wear them year round with our tile floors.

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

I love slippers! I still have a red plaid pair from The Gap circa 1993 that I wear often.

Rachelle said...

I knew you would choose slippers! They totally fit you! Thanks for sharing!

emlouisa said...

Ooh, comfy!! Can you believe I got my FIRST pair of slippers LAST YEAR? I am 27 years old and have never had slippers. Now I love them!

Lee said...

Your slippers are awesome! I have some awesome Leopard print ones, I wore them downtown SLC when I was prego! They were awesome.

Blackeyedsue said...

YOU ARE THE SLIPPER QUEEN!!! Another reason I love Dawnyel.

DD#2 dumped purple nail polish on my only pair...Sigh...I'm jealous.

Erickson Family said...

What fun pairs of slippers! I only have one pair that was given to me by my mother-in-law. *sigh* They are pretty worn. I could use a new pair.