Thursday, June 15, 2006

Center of the Universe

What is it with men?? Why do they think the world revolves around them?
Everyday my husband asks me what I've blogged about. If I haven't done a post yet, he suggests that I talk about something that he's just recently done...such as farting. Okay, so I'm not big into potty humor. The occasional potty joke is okay, but I don't find the humor in those jokes or activities that others do. We were just having a regular day at home, playing hand and foot canasta and just being blobs. Nothing spectacular...although, we did have some good rounds. Our last full game I won the thing by 15 points...unheard of for us! Anyway, so after we had finished our last game, and had come home from visiting my parents and my grandma (it's her 72nd birthday!) we were getting ready to head to bed when he sounded the trumpets. I took that as my cue to leave the room before I suffocated from the smell. He acted like I had offended HIM and followed me upstairs to my safety and proceeded to play his song here! Now, see....he thought that this would be the ENTIRE subject of my post...but I won't let it be that. I love the man, but I do have other things going on in my life.
I've noticed it's not just my husband who thinks that things are being done just for his entertainment and his sake...my cousin's husband was doing the same thing today. They just found out that he has crones disease and the poor guy just had surgery. Well, tonight we were just laughing and talking about other things, when he walks in and immediately changes the topic to what he's been going through. (He offered to show everyone his scar from his surgery..."uh, no thank you....") Then anytime we giggled or laughed he pouted and thought that we were laughing at him. Thinking to myself, "Geez...life is more than just you!! Get over yourself!" But there were other issues with them tonight....they're constantly bickering and nit-picking at one another. They're ALWAYS insulting one another and beating up on each other...it's playfully, but still. That much negativity can't be good. I just hope they realize what they are doing to one another.
Well, I will be babysitting for most of tomorrow. After all of your good advice about what to say to my friend, L, I took another route....I said nothing about it and just went on like it wasn't bothering me. I think I was just extra sensitive that day and I blew it way out of proportion. It really wasn't that bad of a request....just bad timing. So I just let it go. Tomorrow they're going to be moving and are finding frustration in moving with little L following them everywhere and E (the baby) getting dehydrated from being cooped up in the car for the day. Hopefully it will be a good thing. I'll actually go back to a regular babysitting schedule in a few weeks...better get back into the groove now. I've just been spoiled from NOT having another child to watch besides my own. There are days when I wonder WHY I really think I should have more children. One isn't so bad....I can handle him...more than that and I become a crazy lady....I guess I'll just trust in what the Lord thinks I can handle...he knows me better than I know myself, right!? L was telling me that she thought she had a brain, until she had two kids...now she's insane. Poor lady, I tell her it will get better, and hope that I'm telling her the truth. It does get better, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Men...ahh...men...can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em!
I am with ya on the 'no fart posts' theme you have going on here! Although I am all for a good diaper or potty training story...adult potty humor is not humor at all!
That's too bad about your cousins husband...not too fun to have problems like he has! I wonder if he doesn't get enough attention and love at home if he has to begg for it at family functions too!

I have NO idea if it gets better or not since I have only 1 kid...I would imagine it does...reason says that if it didn't there wouldn't be any families with more than two kids each...three max!

We can all hope!

Millie said...

Does it get any better? Heck if I know. Some days I really, really hope so.

Hubby's new to our blogging thing as well and while he thinks it's goofy, I think he finds it flattering to be mentioned so often.

CareBearMommy said...

Well, your husband did gain some small victory in your posting. You mentioned his farts, and you waisted a whole paragraph about 'em. I'm sure he's just all puffed up about that! Men!

Your cousin's husband sounds very insecure. If y'all were a mean, gossipy bunch of people, I could see where his thinking is coming from. But c'mon! You're family... and a perty spiffy one at that!

One more note... although two kids is DEFINITELY more work than just one, it IS better. More rewarding, more entertaining, more to love, but YES, more exhausting. I'm fearing what three is gonna be like, but I'm sure it's natural to fear the unknown.